“Great Property” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
“Great Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The casita was clean and well appointed. With the exception of the shower placement. I guess if you are Mickey Rooney it is fine. Odd that they place it so low. Giant soaker tub was avaialbe but I rarely use tubs at hotels. The place is HUGE and The grounds are lovely although in our California drought they must use a lot of water to keep them so pristine and lush. The numbering for the caistas very confusing. The bellman did not take us to our place just gave directions, I was sent ahead to scout it out as we were carrying our own luggage. For coctails and appetizers we tried Morgans & it was great. They have a wonderful selection of wines, some we will look for in the future for sure! Adobe was typical Mexican the servers were all pleasant and everyone enjoyed their entrees. BTW Award winning tamales were delish!

Room Tip: The wi-fi is included int he resort fee $27 We parked our own cars therefore there was no in and ou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed there on the Coachella first weekend and it is a great resort. My bedroom was really comfy and quiet. A lot of people who also attended the festival stayed there, including some bands. The pool was really fun and great for relaxing. They have a live DJ and drinks, so it was great to unwind before going to Coachella. The staff was also friendly and helpful. Another detailed that I loved about this place is that it's pet friendly, so, kudos for that. The doggies have plenty space to play and amenities for them. I didn't have the chance to use the spa, but I heard it's good, so maybe next time I'll go there and check it out.
Anyway, I think it's a great resort and worth the price. I totally recommend it and hopefully I'll come back soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Wasilla, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Our room was nice, the staff was friendly and I enjoyed our stay. We did have a car rental because we flew in from somewhere to a destination a little further away to attend a conference for a week.

It doesn't get a 5 because of the food options at the resort. We had a car so we only ate on the property once and found other great places to eat around town that I will yelp. Plus we got groceries from Walmart for breakfast and snacks to have in our room.

Our golf hook-ups were great (Tournament, stadium, and Greg Norman courses were nice) wish we could have golfed dunes and mountain but they were closed.

So have a mode of transportation lined up if you stay here more than two days

• Stayed July 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I just spent a week at this resort, and although the staff were professional and accommodating, I couldn't wait to leave! Because the conf was also at the hotel, I did not rent a car... Much like most of the attendees. You are forced to stay on the resort... There is no transportation off "campus". I had forgot my razor and the store had 1 disposable razor.... I had to take a cab to the nearest store. The restaurant Twenty6 (one of two that were open) was so overpriced, that again it was better to take a cab out in town. And you expect overpriced... But not to this degree.... Morton's prices for mediocre pub food. The only way I would recommend this hotel is if you have a car.... To get OFF the property, otherwise you are trapped like a rat!!!!

Room Tip: No suggestion
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear raylheureux24,

I'm very sorry to hear that you felt restricted during your stay at La Quinta Resort. I imagine that felt frustrating, and certainly it wouldn't be at all conducive to relaxing. While it's good to know you received excellent service, naturally we also want each guest to feel completely at ease. I'm sorry this wasn't the case for you, and I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the TripAdvisor community. I hope that should the opportunity arise you'll consider staying with us again. At that time, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can help ensure your next visit eclipses this one.

Best regards,
Zakee Jones
Director of Operations
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Room was nice and clean. Since we are Hilton members we asked for an upgrade and received an upstairs villa with a nice big balcony overlooking the pool. The room had a King bed and pullout sofa bed (perfect for our son). There was plenty of green space to walk our dogs. I love that each villa area had its own individual pool. My son and husband used it every day (it was a working vacation for me do unfortunately I was not able to use it every day). On that note, we did have WiFi in random areas of the room and out on the balcony. The wired internet is slow so many times I ended up using a hotspot on my phone. The main pool was fun although it is small so it did get crowded. Our villa was the perfect location, a short walk to the restaurants and even shorter walk to the main pool/tennis courts. Our room was #936. We went the week of July 4th so it was hot. The air conditioning worked well although it does go on and off throughout the night so if you are a light sleeper, it may wake you up. Since it is summer, the restaurants are closed on certain days and our only option for the first few nights was Twenty-Six. The food was ok, the service was ok although slow and the bacon Bloody Mary was great! We ate at Morgan's one night and the service was great and food was really good. Our favorite was Adobe. Good service and good food. On the 4th I had a spa day with a hydro-facial, massage, mani and pedi. All of the spa ladies were wonderful! We had a very nice time at this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

In july, the temperature in the palm springs desert can run to 108+, which under any circumstances, can feel overwhelming and uncomfortable. However, the friendly staff at LQ do their best to meet your needs and take care of you. The strength of the facility is the individual casitas, that are clustered to evoke privacy and homeyness. All casitas have easy access to the more than 40 swimming pools. The property includes several restaurants that feature variety (mexican, casual) and quick service. On one occasion, I couldn't find a meeting room and Erin from the physical fitness/gym staff took 5 minutes of her time to walk me to the room vs. just telling me how to get there.
If you don't mind the heat, LQ offers great bargains in summer. When the sun gies down, you can sit outdoors on the many verandas, porches, etc.
The LQ is easy driving distance to many nice restaurants, such as Cliff House and L G Steakhouse.

Room Tip: Stay in casitas that are on the outside of the property and have views of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The summer rates are great, but if you can't stand the heat, go elsewhere! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this luxurious hideaway. I stayed in a poolside room which allowed me to step out and hop into the water. There are numerous pools, golf courses, restaurants of all types, shopping, a great spa, incredible tennis venue and a great workout facility. Though elegant in its appeal, casual dress is completely acceptable. The staff is friendly and helpful. Anything and everything I needed, asked for or even thought about needing was available on-site. With the setup of the villas, each "pod" has its own pool and private ambiance. The grounds are amazingly well kept. I look forward to visiting in the winter, as well! Treat yourself and visit this place!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!