3.5 hour checkin experience including occupied room, failed promises and no apologies.
Arrived at noon on a Friday with a line for check-in (to be expected with two conferences for the weekend).
We confirmed our reservation as a Starlight room with the Receptionist and left our number with the reception (they promised to call us when a room was ready).
1.5h later with no calls we decided to call the front desk for an update.
We were told we could get the keys to a Starlight room... the room was great, but another guest was occupying the room.
We informed the front desk and they told us they would rush a room for us (no apology).
45min later we called the front desk again (no call received) and were informed they didn't have any starlight rooms and none in the area our friends were staying at.
30min later they gave us a tiny room next to a service room, which had paint falling down the walls.
We rejected the room and asked for a different room.
While waiting another 30min we saw several guests moving their luggage into rooms in the area we had requested earlier (not really sure how that is possible as the front desk had said none were available).
Finally a friendly staff arranged transport to the 3rd room of the day and when he saw the room we had been given he said; I wouldn't want to stay there either.
Total checkin time was about 3.5 hours with a dysfunctional and unapologetic front desk.
Rest of the stay was smooth, but with minimal interaction with the non-existing service.
If we hadn't been a part of a conference we would have canceled and found a better place.
Certainly not the standards of service you would expect at a Waldorf Astoria.
Everyone makes mistakes, but this many and without an apology?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Amex, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs