“Could improve” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in La Quinta
Weybridge
“Could improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was our second stay in La Quinta; we returned for 6 nights after 4 years because we like the layout of the place and it is spacious both in terms of grounds and rooms. We knew its short comings and it is a shame that Twenty6 had not improved. Coming from the Hilton at La Jolla as we did, the difference in the service was only too obvious. Breakfast buffet is only available at week ends out of season (!), the other days the choice is wide but instead of being able to have a little of everything, you are condemned to have an enormous plate of one choice. The service is patchy, should you want more orange juice you will have to seek a waiter, sometimes jams are on the table, sometimes not, sometimes you get all the toasts you asked for, sometimes not. Given that this is qualified as Waldorf Astoria, you would expect a better delivery. Maybe the place is spoiled by the many corporate conferences taking place and the manager feels that he does not need to do anything to attract customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear ettemar,

I want to sincerely apologize for the poor service you received at TWENTY6. As a Waldorf Astoria property, we hold high service standards, and the level of service you've described is unacceptable. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your experience here, because it affords us the opportunity to address the situation directly. We will definitely discuss your comments with the staff. I do hope that you will allow us the opporunity in the future to demonstrate how seriously we take this issue, and I invite you to contact me personally in that case, so I can help ensure that your next visit exceeds the last.

1,703 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Woodland Hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place takes my breath away. From the moment we arrived I felt i was transported to another planet. Planet Vacation. The property is charming, the staff friendly,and the food was excellent. Be sure to upgrade your room to a casita it is worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Debra L,

You've exactly described the kind of experience we strive to provide for each guest--as if you've entered a different world and can forget your everyday cares. I'm pleased that you had such a positive time at La Quinta Resort, and I do hope you'll come back and visit us again soon.

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I recently stayed in this facility for 6 nights. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms on the other hand are old and dimly lit. My room had 2 queen beds and the TV (nice flat screen) was on the side wall instead of the wall in front of the beds. Strange setup. I did have my bottle of Calvin Klein perfume disappear which is very disappointing. That should not happen in a resort of this type. I didn't think I had to lock up my perfume. The spa here is wonderful, food is acceptable and people are nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Ann W,

I'm very disturbed and sorry to hear that your bottle of perfume disappeared during your visit. Naturally, safety and security are high on our list of priorities, and it is a rare occurrence when something goes missing from a room. When this does happen, we conduct a thorough investigation. Please contact me directly so that we can try to resolve your loss.

Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a great time here. We came mostly for the golf, PGA West. But the resort was wonderful. We were able to upgrade our room from a 1 bedroom to a small villa with a kitchen for a very reasonable price because we stayed Sunday thru wednesday night. It would have been much more on the weekend. It had a private enclosed coutyard off the dining area and a private fenced courtyard, pool side, off the bedroom. The grounds were bright and well cared for. It's on 45 acres but it is very easy to get around. They have a "hilltop plaza" with live music almost every evening while sampling 100 brands of Tequilas! The golf was great. Because we upgraded our room they even waived the $50 surcharge for playing the Stadium course. which basically covered the upgrade cost! We even met some wonderful members playing the Nicklaus course and they invited us to play the private Weiskopf course. They were good golfers and fun to play with. We couldn't thank them enough. We HAVE to go back! We didn't use the spa, not enough time. We did use our "private" pool and hot tub.(shared by only 4 villas). We didn't sample the breakfast because my wonderful wife loves to cook. With a full kitchen she made Lobster cheese mushroom omelets among other culinary delights.

Room Tip: Steer away from room 144 or near abouts. Small and near the action so it can be loud. we liked the r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Islandgolfers,

What a fantastic golf getaway you've described here! For tequila lovers, our Adobe restaurant at the top of The Plaza truly is a destination in and of itself, a true delight after a day spent golfing. I'm very glad to hear that you met some of our wonderful members--they have a lot of fun, especially during our high season. Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about your visit at La Quinta Resort. We look forward to your next visit.

San Diego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Beautiful grounds, nice comfortable rooms but no hot water in the shower, which was a challenge. The staff was great. I left my pillow behind in the room and security was terrific. They called me back immediately after locating the pillow and took it to my friend's room since I had left the hotel by then.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ellen D,

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay, the challenges with hot water notwithstanding. Thank you for sharing your experience with the pillow--I know how important the right pillow can be for a good night's sleep! I'll let the security team know they were on track with great service. We appreciate your staying at La Quinta Resort, and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had a hot night in La Quinta, in August. The restaurant was lovely -- delicious food and classy environment. A special place to try out if you are in the area. I liked the fitness center. There are numerous pools but be warned they are aging, more for cooling off than actual swimming.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear MiCasaEsSuCasa,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Resort for your stay here in the desert--and for taking the time to recommend the resort to TripAdvisor readers. Those sultry summer nights are indeed special, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

El Centro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

It seems that every detail of our stay was handled in a professional yet humble manor... From your grounds to personal, you have attained a good leader, who must be appreciated by his staff and his officers...

Dear Fred M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, which lets me know that you experienced true Waldorf service during your stay at La Quinta Resort. Our staff is truly one of our most important assets, and I will take great pleasure in letting them know you gave them high praise.

Director of Operations

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!