“Great getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

great hotel, with great service, would stay here again next trip to this area, felt I was in another world, the service from when I checked in to when I left was just great, I have been to this area many times and have stayed in many hotels, this is by far the best I have stayed in

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I appreciate your taking the time to write this concise yet expressive review of your stay at La Quinta Resort! Our staff works hard to provide a superior guest experience for each person who visits with us, and it will give me great pleasure to pass along your accolades. We hope you will indeed allow us the privilege of serving you again during your next trip to the Palm Springs area.

1,699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

For the first time I had vacationed in the Palm Springs area I chose the 45-acre La Quinta resort and was very pleased with the experience. The area was a little more humid and therefore felt hotter than Arizona, which I'm more used to. Temperatures in the mid-high 90s during the day were OK for golf - but only just - a couple of weeks earlier and that would not have been so. The resort has several great golf courses but one "Mountain" was very badly damaged by a storm and will be out of action for some time. No problem - PGA West is close by and its courses (including the Stadium) are available to La Quinta guests. The Norman course in particular is great. The area is very attractive because most buildings are single-story and advertising has been strictly controlled. The resort accommodations are comfortable rather than very luxurious but well-equipped with large beds, plenty of space and a fridge. There are 40 swimming pools and most of the cabanas are set around one - with a hot tub close by. Breakfast was good - a separate menu just for variations of Eggs Benedict - and Morgans restaurant quite nice - although there are many places to eat in the area including of which Arnold Palmers, Pacifica (sea food), LG Steakhouse and Cliff House were all better. I did not get to play tennis or use the spa but the facilities for both looked spectacular. Friendly service and ample parking. We chose to drive from LAX (almost 3 hours) but ONT (2 hours) and especially PSP (30 mins) are nearer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rowley32256,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Resort for your inaugural visit to Palm Springs! Your review highlights why we're known as a golf destination, namely the fact that we have multiple golf courses designed by legends of the game. I appreciate your pointing out that guests who travel from a distance have several options when choosing how to arrive. Flying into Palm Springs airport can be quite a time-saver. We certainly hope that you'll stay with us again when you return to Palm Springs in the future.

All the best,

Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This really is a wonderful Hotel, staff and grounds were amazing at this property. Overall room was a little dated, as we stayed in the "poolside villas", but still very clean and fresh. Good place to stay with decent bar and restaurants on property. Close to PGA WEST and superb GOLF is at your doorstep with the La Quinta Mountain Course.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Travis N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at La Quinta Resort! We're very proud of our staff and the property itself, so it's good to hear that you were pleased. When you're ready for your next golf getaway, we hope you'll keep us in mind.

New York City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for business. The rooms and food are very good. But, the internet service is horrible. The fitness center is very hard to find in the early morning hours. I had an invoice issue and nobody has called me back to rectify the problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Judith S,

While I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and the food at La Quinta Resort, I do not like to hear that you had an invoice issue that has gone unaddressed. If that is still the case, I'd like to ask you to reach out to me directly so that I can personally help rectify the situation. I apologize for any inconvenience and aggravation you may have experienced, and I want to assure you that we do our best to make sure the needs of each guest are taken care of in a timely manner. Thank you for staying at La Quinta Resort--hopefully we'll be able to resolve this issue quickly and to your complete satisfaction.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite destinations in Palm Springs. The quality was top notch. Now it seems like the hotel is more interested in volume. The rooms we reserved were not available because we had arrived late (6pm) and the hotel was full. The room we were given was a condo that had been converted into a hotel room. The usual amenities were not available. There was a fridge in the room but was so full of ice that the door couldn't be closed. It should have been defrosted weeks before. The room was nice, but not clean. I had to ask housekeeping to change the bedcover because it was very stained. The towels were not the usual plush ones, but we're like sandpaper and smaller than usual.
On the other hand, the service was fabulous. The employees tried their best to make everybody comfortable. I needed a sewing kit to repair a tear and they went out of there way to find one. Even though they should have been in the rooms to start with. I had an ice bucket that leaked all over the counter and table and then was blamed that it was my fault by the maintainence man who was sent to repair it, not replace it. The ice machine downstairs was not working, but room service was quick to bring ice.
It was a very average stay, not what I had been used to staying there before. Friends at the Embassy Suites had as nice of a room for half the money.

Room Tip: Get the rooms closer to the front desk. The condos converted back to hotel rooms not as nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tony D,

I'm very sorry to hear that your recent stay did not match the quality of your previous visits to La Quinta Resort, although it's good to know that you did receive top-notch service while you were here. I hope you will not let this negative experience deter you from staying with us in the future. I invite you to contact me directly the next time you make a reservation with us, so that I can personally ensure your next visit lives up to the promise of your previous stays.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It depends on what you're looking for. It seemed to us that LaQuinta is a little distant from the shopping and restaurants we like in the Valley. It is certainly quiet and cozy. The numerous pools provided us with the luxury of only stepping 10 steps from our door into the jacuzzi and pool. While relatively small pools, they are clean and refreshing and convenient.
The rooms are huge, which we appreciate alot. A large bathroom with a nice big shower, a referigerator we didn't need to ask for (much appreciated) and a small coffee maker were all good things.
Expect an older feel, and expect a very Mexican looking adobe hut (with tile roofs) containing 3 rooms per building. Try to get a room that faces the pools, cause not all of them do.
We would return and recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing a pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jack J,

I appreciate your taking the time to recommend La Quinta Resort to future travelers. Your review reminds me of the meaning of "La Quinta" in Spanish, which is something like a country estate. The unique style you mention was inspired by some great estates down in Mexico, and that style infuses the resort to this day. We look forward to your next visit!

Best,

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a beautiful 'resort'.....not a typical style in that the suites/rooms are not housed in one big building. It's a huge place with breathtaking meticulously maintained gardens. The staff is super friendly and efficient. It's the hotel of the golden age movie stars. Although signs of its age is evident it still depicts its once lavish opulence and style. It's like being in a gated community. Felt safe and secure. There's a total of 41 pools! The fitness centre is very well equipped. Room service/cleaning was very efficient and quick. I'd say the only down side was that the hotel's wifi was extremely slow....but that won't stop me from going again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Mary M,

Thank you for this wonderful description of our property. La Quinta Resort is unusual in that our rooms are interspersed throughout 45 acres of beautiful landscaping, with pools all around. I'm especially happy to know that you felt safe while you were here, because that's essential to truly being able to relax. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit!

Best,

Director of Operations

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!