We came out to the desert at the last minute for a few nights over our sons' high school spring break as we were experiencing a very foggy spring on the Los Angeles coast and we wanted some sun. La Quinta is definitely our 1st choice for a stay in the desert as it is the most unique resort with its layout and various types of casitas. We have stayed at all the 4 1/2 and 5 star hotels many many times and family consensus is that this is the best in the Palm Springs Desert. I prefer their upstairs starlight casita's with their huge private patios or their walled in casitas with private patios, some with private jacuzzi's or pools, but they were sold out. I do not like their original 1920's casitas as they are small and old, nor do I like the downstairs casitas surrounding the pools as they offer very little privacy. We ended up way out on property at the Spa Villas with 2 upstairs units in different buildings which are the newest accommodations on the property and are also available for sale. Upon entering the spa villa, you immediately go up a flight of stairs to the second level. The villa is one large room with a bedroom area on one side and a couch, chairs, tv and balcony with 2 chairs. The bedroom overlooked the pool, the living room the parking lot and mountains beyond. The bathroom was large done in spanish tiles with separate shower and tub with plenty of windows. If you wanted a larger unit, you could connect it with the unit downstairs which has a bedroom, a real living room and kitchen via a lock off door which was located in the entryway. Some units had open garages downstairs instead of a bottom unit. Housekeeping was mediocre compared to previous visits. Trash was not always emptied, dirty glasses were left on the nightstand and the sheets were not very clean. I was awakened by crickets in our bathroom at night. The light outside the entrance to our room was burned out for our whole visit making it difficult to key our room at night. We had requested it to be repaired on 3 different occasions to no avail. Very surprising for a Waldorf Astoria. The spa villa building clustered around small gated pools,and there was NO service at all at the pools. The resort was 100% capacity when we were there and only once did any other people join us at the pool. It was our own little oasis! We walked the entire grounds of the resort each day as the grounds are extremely well manicured and the flowers are spectacular. The pools in the other sections were very crowded and the main pool was filled with parents with small children. Food was good at the restaurant by the main pool overlooking their exhibition tennis court, but service was extremely slow. We had a very late dinner our first evening in theMexican Cantina and the food and drinks there are authentic with good service. We always eat here each time we are in the desert whether we stay here or not. We got dressed up one night for dinner at their upscale restaurant, Morgan's. It has a rather limited menu but the food was of good quality and our server was very knowledgeable about their food and wines. Overall, this was one of our most disappointing stays here. Hotel needs to hire more staff for peak periods such as spring break/Easter. We will return and give them another chance, but only when I can get 2 starlight casitas, and definitely not at holiday time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs