La Quinta is a beautiful, quaint resort. The grounds are impressive and the historic buildings and casitas are unique and charming. But the rooms are tired. You can forgive the ancient bathrooms because the property is historic but even the furnishings are worn. And the rooms are lacking basic luxury hotel amenities such as q-tips and cotton balls. The area where this hotel really fails is service. The staff is pleasant but not up to par for a luxury hotel. If this were a Hilton property, I would have given it 5 stars but, as a Waldorf Astoria, it simply didn't meet my expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs