We stayed here for a long weekend over Memorial Day weekend. Booked a starlight casita room (since that seems to be the standard upgrade given to diamonds if a basic room is booked) and received an upgrade to a spa suite (which is what I requested in the comment section). Outside of the upgrade HH Diamond bene's included free wifi, bottled water, and a free appetizer at one of the onsite restaurants.
We enjoyed the fact there were so many pools as we could roam around until we found a quite pool (lots of families were at the resort over the holiday weekend). The room was large although as others have posted it is a bit dated (not a problem as far as we were concerned). On site food options were plenty and with a car there is a plethora of options available.
The resort was awesome... gardens/green and red/pink flowers everywhere to go along with the white buildings, blue outlines, and tan/red mountains. It really is an oasis in the desert. The only down side we experienced was the closest pool was closed for a day due to broken glass and the A/C unit kept things manageable and comfortable, however the room was never "cold"... If staying in the middle of summer I could see the A/C becoming a problem unless we just wound up with an old unit.
This was our first time at this resort and we will without a doubt return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs