Great experience at this resort over a 3 night stay during July. Check-in was easy and they upgraded us to an upper room with a private, large patio overlooking one of the many pools. The room was spacious, beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean and it came with a minifridge/bar area which made it easy to store some food and drinks for the next 3 days. The room was a bit older looking and the curtains and tile could have used some work but overall it was a great room.
The grounds are awesome, workers constantly working in the heat to keep the place nice. I've seen better overall landscaping/upkeep in the desert resorts around this area but given the amount of space that more than makes up for it.
The pool - we only used the satellite pool by our room so I can't comment on the main pools. Our pool was dirty the first day because they had just done some landscaping work on the area. I talked to the front desk that night and the next morning the pool was cleaned. The pool has an older feel and could use some revamping but given there were only a few other people hanging around "our pool" at any given time, it was quiet and very refreshing given the heat.
The spa - great service, nice spa with an older feel. No plunge pool only a fountain to dip in which was a drawback. But, it wasn't very busy and the amenities were OK given we were only a short walk to our room. I've been to nicer spas before and I'm sure there are nicer ones in the desert.
The gym: clean, big, lots of equipment, worked for what we needed.
Dinner and drinks: Went to Adobe and then had drinks at the outdoor bar area. Adobe was very fresh. Atmosphere was nice. Drinks were really expensive at both places. Sitting outside, listening to live music and looking around at the awesome grounds was a highlight of the trip. Well worth paying a little more for the drinks.
Front Desk: Friendly, eager to please. We had a key issue one day, although that was a waist of our time to deal with it, they were prompt and had maintenance fix it quickly. The lines do get long at checkin/out which was a bit annoying.
Overall, nice, spacious rooms with some charm, relaxing environment, great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs