“Love La Quinta” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
San Jose, United States
“Love La Quinta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We love staying at La Quinta! The staff is excellent. The food is delicious. The rooms are well appointed and the bed is very comfortable. The 4th of July fireworks were spectacular! Really like the that there are numerous pools to select from, about 40 on site. It one is too crowded or has too many small kids there is always another one close by. Our room had a small fridge with an ice maker which was very convenient. The food at the Twenty6 is awesome. We also love eating at Morgan's in the Desert.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Lori,

Thank you for joining us for the 4th of July, and for taking the time to write a review--I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our fireworks show! I also appreciate your positive feedback about our onsite restaurants. Our chefs use locally sourced ingredients as often as possible, to ensure that every dish is fresh and wholesome. I know that our staff will be delighted to hear your review.

Many thanks,

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This resort is absolutely beautiful. Staff members are friendly and are willing to help out in any way possible. There are so many swimming pools, it's amazing. The restaurants, though a bit pricey, are delicious.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at La Quinta Resort, and in particular that you received true Waldorf Astoria service from our staff. Thank you for taking the time to post a review--we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future!
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The La Quinta Resort & Club is a true Gem. It may be a little dated, however, the charm and the character flow from every corner. You truly cannot beat.. as my parents say... wake up, roll out of bed, flop in the pool. The service is wonderful, the food is good, and the scenery is spectacular. Even with a rather full number of rooms in our area, the pool still felt like I was in my private backyard. My wife and I have been in 29 of the 41 pools. My son and I hit up 6 more this last trip - so - next visit - We will finish the cycle. Bottom Line - a great place to get away and relax.

Dear Marc,
I'm so glad to hear you had a nice, relaxing stay with us. Your review paints an excellent picture of what it's like to stay in one of our casitas right near a pool! Keep us posted about your progress with visiting all of the pools--I'd love to hear which one is your favorite.
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This resort isn't perfect as it is old but it should still accomplish the mission of anyone who stays here...relaxing, spacious, private and a great way to spend a long weekend. I traveled here with my wife for her 30th birthday recently and we enjoyed it greatly. Yeah, the rooms could use more attention since they are aging but we had no problems with our room...if we did notice anything, we chose to overlook them as the simple charms of this desert retreat.

The resort might be one of the most beautiful properties I've stayed at with the endless flowers, tightly mown grass and spacious surrondings. You can't go anywhere and not smell flowers...they are everywhere. The number of pools was really nice. If you didn't want to spend time at the main pool, you could easily go to one of the 20-something pools on the property for a more quite afternoon. We greatly enjoyed the spa experience...BUT MY GOD...the massage was way too rough. I left feeling more sore than when I arrived. I had to ask the women to settle down and go with a little less force.

I really enjoyed our stay here. It's beautiful. Don't expect it to be perfect...nothing that's nearly 100 years old is. But enjoy the property and the relaxation that is La Quinta

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Nate,
Thank you for choosing La Quinta Resort & Club as the setting to celebrate your wife's birthday! We appreciate your positive feedback, and I look forward to sharing with our landscape team how much you enjoyed the grounds. They work hard every day to keep our 45 acres lush and beautiful.
I will also give your feedback to the Spa La Quinta team, to ensure that all future guests experience the luxury they expect.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ice machines few and far between, but front desk will deliver some to room. Pools are great, many to choose from. Was a little grossed out to see a family bring their dog in the pool outside our room. Not as family friendly as website says, no arcade, could not find a movie theatre and only 2 kid channels compared to NUMEROUS sports channels. Kid pool was tiny. Dive in movie was fun and my daughters loved the apples and water in the main lobby. Might go again but without kids since they were bored.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are convenient but. Many pools o choose from so not necessary. 800 and 1600 rooms rig...
Dear Angela

I appreciate your candid review, and am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm equally sorry to hear that your children didn't have enough to do. We try to provide ample opportunities for families with children to enjoy our resort, including a morning day camp for children on the weekends and drop-in child care every evening. We would love the opportunity to welcome your entire family back again, and I would encourage you to check with the concierge who can give you a complete rundown about family-friendly activities at the time of your visit.

Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am not one to write a huge lengthy review. Overall, as this was my first solo vacation with my 3 and 5 years old, I love this place and will absolutely come back! The premises are incredible, absolutely beautiful and hard to beat. Upon check in I was told about the daily kids camp and nightly babysitting that is offered for a fee - HUGE perk! Food was fantastic, everyone we encountered was super friendly - room service always arrived within 30 minutes....Perfect!

The one major complaint I have is about the pool areas. If you are a resort that is going to offer 41+ pools for your guests to use, PLEASE make sure they are cleaned on a regular basis. I felt like we were laying on lounge chairs that had not been cleaned for days. One pool we encountered had kids playing with "worms" which I think were baby caterpillars that had fallen in. Another pool was very dirty and two men on carts came by and changed the garbage can but did not pick up garbage around the pool. While we were walking through the property early morning we saw many pools that were a mess from the night before. Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated to have a 4am cleaning crew go by every pool to make sure all was in order for the morning.

Again - overall happy with our stay and we will be back. I had to remind myself the whole trip that you get what you pay for. If I wanted perfect lounge chairs I could have spent $400+ per night for a Four Seasons....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear AvaMaxMama,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for La Quinta Resort, not least because it shows how heartfelt your feedback is. I imagine you had some trepidation taking a solo vacation with two young children, and I'm so happy that our family programs helped make that a good experience for you.

Needless to say, I share your dismay about the conditions you describe at the pool. Our housekeeping and grounds crews take great pride in how clean our resort is, and I know they will take your comments to heart. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations, and please know that I have made this a training topic for the remainder of the month.

Please let us know how we do on your next visit!

SanJose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice accommodations over July 4th, pleasant staff, AC worked well to offset 110 temperature. No problem pleasant stay. We played golf at the La Quinta courses, drank at the bar at reasonable rates. Plenty of pools, so if you don't like your immediate company, just move.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

We're so glad you came back for second visit with us on the 4th of July weekend. Your tip about the pools is right on target. One of the advantages of having 41 pools is that there are plenty of options, whether you're enjoying the sun or just trying to beat the heat. I look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the future.
Director of Operations

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!