This resort isn't perfect as it is old but it should still accomplish the mission of anyone who stays here...relaxing, spacious, private and a great way to spend a long weekend. I traveled here with my wife for her 30th birthday recently and we enjoyed it greatly. Yeah, the rooms could use more attention since they are aging but we had no problems with our room...if we did notice anything, we chose to overlook them as the simple charms of this desert retreat.
The resort might be one of the most beautiful properties I've stayed at with the endless flowers, tightly mown grass and spacious surrondings. You can't go anywhere and not smell flowers...they are everywhere. The number of pools was really nice. If you didn't want to spend time at the main pool, you could easily go to one of the 20-something pools on the property for a more quite afternoon. We greatly enjoyed the spa experience...BUT MY GOD...the massage was way too rough. I left feeling more sore than when I arrived. I had to ask the women to settle down and go with a little less force.
I really enjoyed our stay here. It's beautiful. Don't expect it to be perfect...nothing that's nearly 100 years old is. But enjoy the property and the relaxation that is La Quinta
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.