“An aging gem that still meets expectations” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Sammamish, Washington
“An aging gem that still meets expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This resort isn't perfect as it is old but it should still accomplish the mission of anyone who stays here...relaxing, spacious, private and a great way to spend a long weekend. I traveled here with my wife for her 30th birthday recently and we enjoyed it greatly. Yeah, the rooms could use more attention since they are aging but we had no problems with our room...if we did notice anything, we chose to overlook them as the simple charms of this desert retreat.

The resort might be one of the most beautiful properties I've stayed at with the endless flowers, tightly mown grass and spacious surrondings. You can't go anywhere and not smell flowers...they are everywhere. The number of pools was really nice. If you didn't want to spend time at the main pool, you could easily go to one of the 20-something pools on the property for a more quite afternoon. We greatly enjoyed the spa experience...BUT MY GOD...the massage was way too rough. I left feeling more sore than when I arrived. I had to ask the women to settle down and go with a little less force.

I really enjoyed our stay here. It's beautiful. Don't expect it to be perfect...nothing that's nearly 100 years old is. But enjoy the property and the relaxation that is La Quinta

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Nate,
Thank you for choosing La Quinta Resort & Club as the setting to celebrate your wife's birthday! We appreciate your positive feedback, and I look forward to sharing with our landscape team how much you enjoyed the grounds. They work hard every day to keep our 45 acres lush and beautiful.
I will also give your feedback to the Spa La Quinta team, to ensure that all future guests experience the luxury they expect.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ice machines few and far between, but front desk will deliver some to room. Pools are great, many to choose from. Was a little grossed out to see a family bring their dog in the pool outside our room. Not as family friendly as website says, no arcade, could not find a movie theatre and only 2 kid channels compared to NUMEROUS sports channels. Kid pool was tiny. Dive in movie was fun and my daughters loved the apples and water in the main lobby. Might go again but without kids since they were bored.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are convenient but. Many pools o choose from so not necessary. 800 and 1600 rooms rig...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Angela

I appreciate your candid review, and am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm equally sorry to hear that your children didn't have enough to do. We try to provide ample opportunities for families with children to enjoy our resort, including a morning day camp for children on the weekends and drop-in child care every evening. We would love the opportunity to welcome your entire family back again, and I would encourage you to check with the concierge who can give you a complete rundown about family-friendly activities at the time of your visit.

Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am not one to write a huge lengthy review. Overall, as this was my first solo vacation with my 3 and 5 years old, I love this place and will absolutely come back! The premises are incredible, absolutely beautiful and hard to beat. Upon check in I was told about the daily kids camp and nightly babysitting that is offered for a fee - HUGE perk! Food was fantastic, everyone we encountered was super friendly - room service always arrived within 30 minutes....Perfect!

The one major complaint I have is about the pool areas. If you are a resort that is going to offer 41+ pools for your guests to use, PLEASE make sure they are cleaned on a regular basis. I felt like we were laying on lounge chairs that had not been cleaned for days. One pool we encountered had kids playing with "worms" which I think were baby caterpillars that had fallen in. Another pool was very dirty and two men on carts came by and changed the garbage can but did not pick up garbage around the pool. While we were walking through the property early morning we saw many pools that were a mess from the night before. Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated to have a 4am cleaning crew go by every pool to make sure all was in order for the morning.

Again - overall happy with our stay and we will be back. I had to remind myself the whole trip that you get what you pay for. If I wanted perfect lounge chairs I could have spent $400+ per night for a Four Seasons....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear AvaMaxMama,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for La Quinta Resort, not least because it shows how heartfelt your feedback is. I imagine you had some trepidation taking a solo vacation with two young children, and I'm so happy that our family programs helped make that a good experience for you.

Needless to say, I share your dismay about the conditions you describe at the pool. Our housekeeping and grounds crews take great pride in how clean our resort is, and I know they will take your comments to heart. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations, and please know that I have made this a training topic for the remainder of the month.

Please let us know how we do on your next visit!

SanJose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice accommodations over July 4th, pleasant staff, AC worked well to offset 110 temperature. No problem pleasant stay. We played golf at the La Quinta courses, drank at the bar at reasonable rates. Plenty of pools, so if you don't like your immediate company, just move.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

We're so glad you came back for second visit with us on the 4th of July weekend. Your tip about the pools is right on target. One of the advantages of having 41 pools is that there are plenty of options, whether you're enjoying the sun or just trying to beat the heat. I look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the future.
San Clemente, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have been going to this resort 1 to 3 times a year for 5 years now, every time it gets a bit worse. The carpet in the room was stained and dirty, there was mouse poop in the bathroom drawers, the lampshade was stained with a big blob of white I have no idea what, the towels were so ruff they literally scratched your face while washing and the shampoos and soaps were each all a different brand and had quality of dish soap. The pool in front of the room was full of 5 to 10 people at all times from dawn until 9 pm at night so we finally decided to go to the "big" pool to find we were not allowed to enter because it was full. We decided to escape the crowd and when we returned there was no parking available on the property and were told our only option was to valet, our room was a 10 minute walk to and from the valet. The staff was rude and treated us like gum on the bottom of their shoe. This place needs a make over, I get the nostalgia of the place but it really needs a remodel. We even asked for an upgrade and were will to pay for it and were told there was nothing available. It is more of a PARTY place than a nice resort to relax and enjoy yourself. The worst part is they do not care, definitely not up to the usual Waldorf Astoria standards. Way too much $$$ for what they offer, I never thought I would say this but next time we will be staying at the Hyatt less $$ and tons of amenities with a great staff. Sorry La Quinta but until you get the remodel we wont be giving you anymore of our $..that right I forgot you don't care.

Room Tip: Property is loud, dirty and extremely dated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
AngelsScoop2013,

Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the resort. I understand your frustrations and frankly disappointed that this would happen to any of our guest. Let me be very clear, we hear you and care about every guest that chooses La Quinta Resort as a home away from home. We have a pest control company that comes out three times every week to ensure nothing happens on our grounds. Reading that my team was rude is disheartening and please accept my deepest apologies. Your comments will help us to find opportunities to correct these issues in order to ensure that our hotel’s environment continues to be conducive to our guests’ satisfaction. I would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort. Please contact me directly next time you visit the area so we can show you how proactive we are with guest comments.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Beautiful location lots of things to do on the premises. The rooms could use a little remodeling unless there going for that old country feel! The restaurant on the premises are amazing we ate at the steak house outside on the patio by a fire pit very romantic and we had excellent service and the food was extremely delicious, there's lots of cute little shops to shop at as we'll as a very elaborate day spa menu that I wish I could of had more time to try....the only thing I really didn't like was there seamed to be a lot of trash randomly on the ground through out the premises they really need to work on this. Other than that it was a good relaxing trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Zakee J, Director of Operations at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Rhodes2vacation,

I appreciate your taking the time to review your stay with us here at La Quinta Resort. I'm glad to hear that your experience at Morgan's was amazing. Eating outside on their patio in the evening can be a wonderful experience.

Thank you for mentioning the condition of the grounds, as well. Our staff takes great pride in the condition of our 45 acres, and I will mention this feedback to them to make sure future guests find our property pristine.

Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We just stayed here with 3 other families and had an awesome time. It's a perfect place to go with others as you can all request to be in the same little area. Our 3 & 5 year olds loved riding their scooters around the property, my husband and I both enjoyed using the nice fitness center, we had amazing dinners at both on site restaurants (El Adobo and Twenty 6) yes, the kids joined us for dinner. The staff was very courteous. On our last night when my 3 year old was in the midst of a temper tantrum a staffer on a golf cart offered to give us a ride to our room. Saved the day. We were so appreciative. The rooms are nice and the grounds are gorgeous and you can't beat those mountain views. We had a great time spending both days by the family pool and enjoyed the service, music, and the kids loved the playground and pool area. Would highly recommend this hotel!

Dear Dannell

Thank you for taking the time to write this very descriptive review of your stay at La Quinta Resort! You've highlighted one of the aspects that is special about our property, which is that our casitas are especially conducive to group/family getaways. I'm especially pleased that you received true Waldorf Astoria service from one of our team members who came to your aid when you needed a lift. Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at La Quinta!

Director of Operations

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!