Recently stayed in a Villa Suite at La Quinta Resort for a relaxing girls weekend and enjoyed my time there! I have a mix of pros/cons of this resort, in no particular order:
- The grounds are beautiful and we liked having our own private pool (must have been a quiet weekend!).
- While the rooms were a bit dated, it was fine for what we were looking for. Not up to the quality standard of other Waldorf Astoria properties but we felt that other amenities made up for that.
- The outdoor live band was great but we felt that Adobe Grill was overpriced. $800+ bill for margaritas, chips & salsa for a group of 8, eek.
- Palm Springs has so much to offer, it's a bummer that La Quinta is so far removed.
- The city of La Quinta unfortunately does not have a ton of food/entertainment options. Plan on driving 30+ min. to find great restaurants or things to do other than golfing.
- There is a Costco less than 5 miles away, making it easy to load up on food/beverages and make in your in-suite kitchen.
I could envision myself going back to La Quinta someday with my husband or friends for a low-key, relaxing weekend getaway. If you are looking for an ultra-luxurious vacation or prefer a younger/exciting atmosphere, La Quinta Resort is probably not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs