“A Classic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in La Quinta
california
“A Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just got back from a weekend at La Quinta ... we go there every year/it's definitely our favorite place to stay in the desert. Where to start? The grounds are gorgeous -- beautiful flowers, towering palm trees, and you feel like you can reach out and touch the mountains. The hotel itself retains its classic glamor. It's not new and glitzy so if that's what you want, look elsewhere. But if you want traditional, beautiful, romantic and relaxing it's a great place. We've been to all three restaurants in the hotel and would recommend them all. Great tennis facilities, amazing spa, and awesome golf (according to my husband). We love the deluxe poolside casitas. The rooms are not fancy but these poolside rooms are clustered around pools located across the resort. You can rent bikes, play on a putting green. Lots to do. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

1,551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort with casita rooms that are well appointed. I was here for 4 days with Grand Slam Tennis. I loved the hotel and the tour but the hotel front desk staff were not very nice. No smile on their faces, no eagerness to help.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent golf getaway location. Unlimited golf option gives a great experience on 6 top end courses. Each course is a different experience. Service on the courses are excellent, pace of play is reasonable and course condition outstanding. Resort is good for a small group with all necessity. Limited wifi connections from rooms. On-site dining is average but lots to choose within a short drive.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband made reservations to celebrate my birthday and we had a great time. La Quinta is a nice resort, very well kept with lots of colorful flowers that make contrast with the white casitas.
They have pools for each group of casitas and this gives a more private ambiance.
We also visited the Spa and got massages. The Sanctuary garden is a co-ed area with lots of lounge chairs distributed in different areas. It is very relaxing and romantic. The rooms or casitas are very spacious with a nice bathroom with a bathtub and a separate shower. I love the Spanish tiles that are the signature decoration of the resort. We would love to go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Checked into La Quinta, Room 131, and first impression was what a very small, old room. The physical grounds are beautiful, and well maintained. The accomodations are just the main problem. I will say the room was clean, but just needs to be refreshed and updated. Toilet was beat up and needed replaced, sinks and fixtures needed replaced, paint touched up, etc. Our rate was $319 a night, which was not bad, but when I got my invoice emailed to me I noticed they charged me $140 for a roll-away for the 3 nights we were there. I was never told this, its not on my reservation (and I told them I would need one), it just showed up on my bill. I was transfered to accounting, and had to leave a voicemail. Four days later, still no credit on my credit card. The charm of La Quinta is overshadowed by their old and tired accomodations.

Room Tip: Don't get one of the old resort rooms from 1926. You would rather stay at a Clarion.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our last stay at La Quinta was 20+ years ago. The casitas still provide ambiance and flowers bloomed everywhere. The low-rise setting here continues to be a real plus. We stayed in a spa villa which was roomy. I was however quite surprised at how much the property has expanded over the years. For one who is somewhat direction challenged, I had a hard time finding my way back to the room on more than one occasion because the buildings all look the same - we saw other people asking directions too. The pool by our room was quiet and nice. I was the only one there on several visits. Breakfast in the hotel was excellent. Dinner one night at Morgans - pleasant, good service, food okay but not great. We could not get into the more casual restaurant on a Saturday night as it was full. This hotel has lots of event and meeting facilities, so there were several events going on when we were there. My husband liked the health club - said it was large and well equipped. Very good massages in the spa. Maid service to our room was very late in the day when we were getting ready to go out - so we ended up just getting clean towels and not having them clean the room. For me, this is a 4 star property - very nice for the size but not a place I would return to as a destination by itself.

Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed with my wife and in-laws the first week of BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament in Indian Wells, (just north of La Quinta Resort), but many of the top players stay at La Quinta and practice during those two weeks! If you're a tennis player, or tennis fanatic, this is the place to be! I ran into Maria Sharapova walking over to the tennis center one morning and she was very gracious in providing me a photo, plus was able to sit barely 10 feet away from the Bryan brothers during one of their doubles practices with up and comers Christian Harrison, (18 yr. old brother of Ryan), and Denis Kudla, (another young American player on the ATP tour currently ranked 169 in the world). Plus was able to play tennis myself every day!

Room Tip: Rooms 1816 & 1818 were near tennis center and deck on 1816 overlooked semi-private pool and moun...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!