“Excellent Hotel Unreliable internet” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   49499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA 92253   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
USA
“Excellent Hotel Unreliable internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at theis hotel for business reasons. Very nice place. well appointed rooms and plenty of pools so no no crowd to worry about. The onsite restaurants are excellent. i highly reccomnend the eggs Benedict. The best I have had.

the only downside is the Wireless internet is erratic. Itcuts out and returns making it an issue. in this trip i needed a consistent internetto make a live presentation. Finally hadd to give up and use an air card.

Room Tip: This is a very large property geographically. mostly setup around small courtyards. If walking is a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nancy B, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Travelingdonusa,
Electronic devises are so very necessary today in every aspect of our lives. We rely on them; at least for me, to wake me up in the a.m., to check the news, to time my sprinkler's... and that is nothing compare to getting "work" done. Thank you for mentioning this. We currently have a team in-place(s) around this large property to pin-point weaknesses in our wireless connection. It's frustrating at times, yet we are making a lot of progress. So, sorry for the inconvenience, yet very appreciative of your understanding and flexibility with getting connected.
Kind regards, N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Wash state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were part of a block of rooms reserved for guests of my daughter's wedding, which was off site. We had such a relaxing, pleasant time in the sun and enjoyed interacting with family and friends by the many pools, or at the restaurants--indoors and out. The grounds are lovely, the staff very helpful--especially the Bell Captain and team. Air conditioning worked great in our room. The location is stunning, with dramatic mountains rising behind the property. We enjoyed ourselves very much.

Room Tip: Noted that one of our group had 309 -- not a great location. We were happy with 303, although it was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bermuda Dunes, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Resort is historic and beautiful. Stayed in second floor starlight casita. Room in need of a total remodel. Had to leave in the middle of the night due to continuous noise from loading dock of ballroom which was accross from our room. So stay, but don't expect luxury conditions and don't say near the ballroom.

• Stayed November 2012
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The grounds are gorgeous and the whole place has a wonderful old feel to it while maintaining a luxurious atmosphere. I stayed here for 1 night and loved every minute of being there. Since the property is sprawling it has a very private feel to it. I only saw other guests at the restaurants. I never saw anyone else walking around where my room was. I was in a spa villa which was huge. The bathroom was great with a fireplace in it that separates the bedroom and the bathtub. My room was on the second floor of the building and it shared an entry stairway with one other room. The spa villas are all south of the hotel's spa. The main pool is near there too along with the fitness center and the yoga studio. Each spa villa shares an individual pool with about 8 rooms. The service at all the restaurants, lobby, and spa were wonderful. They really want you to be happy and to enjoy your stay.

Some things to know about the hotel...you will most likely have to park far from the room. If you have mobility issues or lots of luggage then ask for a ground floor room. The fitness center is very nice with lots of machines. They have a water cooler but also a little fridge with bottles of water. The spa is really expensive, but then what do you expect? They do offer a day pass for $25 to use the facilities without a spa treatment. I cannot wait to return to this hotel and highly recommend it if it's within your budget.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love my getaways to Palm Desert and I keep coming back to La Quinta. It is by far my favorite resort in the desert. The history is amazing. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. I always feel very relaxed when I am there. The tennis clinics and instruction are top notch and there are over 40 pools to enjoy on the property. The live music at night is lively and inviting and provides a perfect spot to enjoy a margarita with a loved one or a group of friends. I highly recommend La Quinta for your next get away in the desert.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Spring, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very fun stay at great resort. Our room (1861) was very private casita. Our pool faced 8 rooms, and felt like we had it to ourselves. The 26 Restaurant was a great choice for breakfast, as was the coffee shop (took our bagel/coffee to tables in square). Room had frig, and kept water, wine, cheese nice and cool. Neighborhood gem is La Quinta Baking Company (short drive to Washington & 111). Great for evening stroll to see whole property, as quite sprawling.

Room Tip: Look at map and ask them to guide you. Some are near big pools that have lots of activity & can...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our annual getaway to La Quinta recently as part of a larger group for a family reunion. All our families had a fabulous time! We loved our casual Mexican themed dinner at the outdoor cafe, complete with live music and an almost full moon. Again, I had a fabulous spa experience! Right from making my spa reservation to checking out of the serene and beautiful spa facility, I found all the staff to be friendly and very helpful, often giving 'that little bit extra'! My 'custom relaxation massage' was wonderful and just what I needed to relax after a day of travelling. Even though it was hot outside, I loved the eucalyptus steam room as it was perfect after 'airplane air'. Before leaving, I relaxed outside with chilled herbal tea to the sound of the fountain. I browsed the shop at the spa and in fact came back the next day to purchase the signature La Quinta Coco Mango body lotion (that I now can't live without as it is also in the rooms and I became addicted), and a wonderful 'EnergyMuse' activated crystal bracelet. I would advise checking out the spa menu online and booking your treatment early especially if you will be at the resort on the weekend. If you have flexibility, take advantage of the Monday to Wednesday Spa Specials! Don't forget to try the Eggs Bennies before you check out!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!