I ended up at this hotel because I had booked a less expensive place for the Coachella weekend that I left immediately on arrival because it was incredibly dingy. Fortunately La Quinta had a few rooms left and saved me from a scary night. Upon arriving I was very surprised and pleased with how pretty and unique the resort is-- unlike many sprawling golf resorts, it has a very warm, almost boutique-ish vibe. The sense of history is palpable. The staff was much friendlier and more relaxed than the staff at several other five star hotels I've stayed at recently where staff has been either indifferent or incompetent. La Quinta staff seemed to genuinely want me to have a good time.
Like the staff, almost everything here was above average and exceeded expectations in a comfortable way. The room decor was very nice (I had a spa villa, which was almost like a small house), the pools were lovely, the casual restaurant's food was friendly and food decent. Even with all the Coachella kids here it wasn't too noisy. Wierdly enough, the hotel seemed excited about Coachella and was even playing young people music at the checkout desk, which I thought was fun and hilarious for a golf resort. All in all, very good vibes here and I would definitely come back.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.