“A Wedding to Remember” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in La Quinta
New York City, New York
“A Wedding to Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We just got married at La Quinta and it was amazing. We chose La Quinta because it was close to Los Angeles for our elderly parents, it sits in one of the most amazing desert settings, is beautifully landscaped, offers tennis, golf, great spa and one of the best restaurants I've eaten at...ever. We did everything outside at the La Casa area which is perfect. It's not cheap to get married, the cost of decorating, feeding 150 guests, open bars, breakfast, etc., but if you want a weekend you'll never forget, this is the place. I couldn't believe how delicious the catering was for our wedding, not your usual rubber chicken. We served lamb and sea bass and we got so many compliments on the food. The staff working there is friendly, helpful and talented. The room rate they offered for our block of rooms was very reasonable as well. We ate several times at Morgan's which is one of my restaurants...in the world, really. John Healy does an amazing job, as does his whole staff. Make sure he picks you out a wine, he's the best and has quite a wonderful collection stashed away. Our wedding weekend was still quite warm but it didn't matter, everything was perfect and in the end you can always jump in one of their 51 pools!

Room Tip: If you're going with a group of people and need about 4 rooms, ask to book the San Vicente court...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

1,680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Had an awesome time here this past weekend. Got a sweet deal via Priceline(youre welcome William Shatner) 100 bucks per night. Saw some of the negative reviews and here is what I encountered. As soon as we drove into this place, it felt like I was stepping back in time(in a good way.) Our friends and i were greeted by smiling and eager valets and inside we got the same thing from reception. Really nice girls working the front desk. Our friends and I were quickly given rooms and were told we would have to exit to the main street and drive down a block to our casitas. Got there and were immediately put in sour moods when we saw that our rooms were NOWHERE near pools. We had planned this trip to celebrate my gf's son's bday and the kid loves pools so we were not happy campers... Also, the rooms we were given were tiny compared to the ones pictured on every website i researched prior to our visit. I forget the room number but it was in the 3300's directly across from what a appeared to be timeshares. A quick stroll around the casita answered my no pool question so I had my gf call front desk. At first, front desk told us that everything else was booked(not true) but they could happily drive us to and from the main pool as many times as we wanted. We asked them nicely that this trip was for a kids bday and the girl said she would continue looking. 5 min later we get the awesome call we were hoping for, a room was available in the 5000's section (San Francisco, Santa Margarita section of the resort.) We thanked them, had our friends call and do the same, a few min later, a nice staff member came with our new key cards. they totally did not have to do anything for us seeing as I booked through Priceline but they did and they rock for it! Rooms were off the main street but we did not here a peep. Second room was nice and spacious. Not fancy schmancy but pretty and quaint. if youre looking for luxury, you're probably going to have to cough up full price in one of their suites. As Pools in 5000 section were a nice size. 3-8 ft seemed to be the norm. Did encounter a few crickets in our room but that was because we would leave the door open when in the pool. Did not encounter the huge water bug roaches other ran into(did see 1 near arcade room) This place is huge and beautiful to take a stroll around. We went to the arcade room(most games are free) and did use the fitness room late at night and both were great although arcade room lacks ac :( All in all our group had a great time and If I'm lucky again via priceline, will def be back.

Room Tip: If stuck in a section you do not like, call fron desk and ask nicely, we did and got our room upgrad...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Made a last minute decision to meet friends there for the weekend. Was the best "last minute decision" I've EVER made! From the amazing adult pool (great music, friendly bartenders and attentive cocktail waitresses), the great food and atmosphere at the Mexican restaurant (can't remember the name) and our "sick" (as in GREAT) room, I had one of the best weekends I've had in a while! I'm young(ish) and single and had a great time but still saw a lot of families and golfers who I overheard talking that they were having a great time as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011 via mobile

La Quinta has to be my favorite hotel and resort. It all starts from the service when you pull in, to the check in to the time you check out. The staff is engaged, very warm and friendly and you can tell that they want to make your stay the best possible. Someof the great features that I was Ble to enjoy was the jazz on Friday night and the Plunge pool on Saturday afternoon. As a young adult, sometimes you don't want to hear the screams and cries of little kids. Bravo on whomever thought of that concept. Another concept that took this property over the top was the barber shop with the cigar lounge. All i can say is WOW! Had a shave which i wish i could experience everyday because it was that good. Service was impeccable. I was also able to dine at Adobe Grill for dinner. Great food and great service. I'll definitely be back soon.

• Stayed October 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011 via mobile

Can't say enough about this place. I always have a great time and the staff is awesome. It's such a relaxing stay and even the 21 and over pool wasn't over the top, yet fun and good tunes! Loving the new cigar bar.

• Stayed October 2011
trotter13
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I picked La Quinta for my birthday celebration because it was recommended by a friend. This resort is beautiful, from the sparkling white buildings, perfectly manicured trees from top to bottom, spotless sidewalks and throughways and exceptionally attention to detail in the landscaping. Once we arrived at our Hideaway Suite, the room was beautifully decorated, a comfortable bed, a large backyard with a private Jacuzzi and lounge chairs. This resort has 41 pools throughout, therefore no crowded feeling poolside and they also have a large family pool and a separate large adult pool / Jacuzzi with waitress service at both. Since the resort is rather large, I called for a golf cart pick up and was greeted by Pepe'. I asked Pepe to give us a tour around the resort. Pepe was proud to give a tour and expressed how much he loved his 22 years working for La Quinta. He showed us the tennis courts, large beautiful golf course and Spa La Quinta that provided me with an excellent massage with a 12 year veteran employee. I was so impressed with Pepe, asked for his manager. The manager Evan greeted us with a pleasant smile and was very warm during our conversation. We went to TWENTY 6 restaurant and ate a yummy hamburger and the employees were very friendly. Unfortunately I was awoken by construction workers behind our room and a gardener with a blower at 830 am. We called the front desk with our complaint and Evan called us and explained that the construction workers promised to have had the work completed otherwise he wouldn't haven't release the room. Evan jumped into a proactive mode and found us another room and an upgrade, and other amenities to show his remorse for our bad experience. I was very impressed with Evan actions to make sure my birthday celebration would not be damaged and back on track. I had a great birthday breakfast Wallaby’s West looking out at the golf course and mountain range followed by an excellent massage with Emilia, at Spa La Quinta. I found out they have Smooth Jazz Concerts in October and November, I know I should expect a great experience and ready to book again. You can tell that all the employees are happy and they provide excellent customer service. I recommend this resort for relaxation, golf and special occasions.

Room Tip: Hideaway Suite, Hideaway Casita and El Presidente
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The minute you turn onto the drive leading up to this resort you will feel your shoulders start to come down and your cares start to drift away. The staff is amazing and the grounds are spectacular! Want to hang with adults? Go the over 21 pool. Want to be with the kids? Go to the main pool. There is literally a pool tucked away in every courtyard, each with a different feel. The clay tennis courts are a gem and if you go to the Concierge after 3PM they will loan you rackets and balls for free to grab a court, also for free. The food at Morgan's is some of the best cuisine I have ever had. The only issue I had was with the spa treatments. Not worth the lofty price. Overall, an amazing experience that I would repeat in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I would suggest reserving a King Deluxe Poolside Casita. Well worth the money.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!