Read the many negative reviews on Tripadvisor and not sure why I did not listen and went ahead and booked a stay there for a friends wedding. This is NOT a Waldorf property, its essentially a Holiday Inn with lovely (see caveat) grounds.
Check in was fast, pretty cold front desk staff, not informative, pretty much leave you out in the cold to find your room in this huge resort.
Got a starlight casita room, dark, dirty, probably never been deep cleaned, dush everywhere, bathroom piping makes a horrible sound when you turn on the water. Patio furniture was horrific, probably last cleaned in the 20's when the resort opened. Also, a cockroach greeted us on two nights in the bathroom - how lovely. Calls the the front desk were met with a dull response, sort of like they knew it was coming. No offer for a new room, no apologies.
Pools are lovely, but unkempt. Palm tree leaves and flowers and piles of dirt in the pool were never cleaned over our 4 day stay. The grounds are nice with flowers, etc, but maintenance poor as trash is everywhere, see my photos from a 1pm walk around the resort, clearly, no hotel staff cares about the hygeine of this place.
Food is average, basic resort food for high prices - no suprises there.
Service is slow, seemed reactive rather than proactive. No staff member really seemed to care, I think they get enough wedding/convention business, they dont really care about the image of the hotel.
The hotel is really really pretty with lovely numerous pools, it is a gem in the desert, sadly though poor management, dirty rooms and grounds and cockroaches seem to be the normal here and clearly not up to par with the 4 star resort they promote, nor was it worth the 300 bucks/night we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs