My husband and I booked a travel package for the Coachella Music Festival which included a stay at La Quinta. The resort came highly recommended by friends and family, and they were right on! Great service, the room was very nice (although a little old and worn, we were in the original part of the hotel, but it added to its charm) and there was a lot of privacy given that the rooms are in "casitas". We also had massages at the Spa--heavenly! The pools were crowded--it was very hot--but we always found chairs and an umbrella, even if we had to walk around a little bit--there are too many pools within the hotel to count. The only "blip" in our trip was the extremely slow and unresponsive service at one of the resort restaurants, TwentySix. I think they were just overwhelmed with the crowds for the festival weekend, but at one point, even after getting the attention of another server, we sat for almost thirty minutes before someone stopped by to take our order. We also ate at the Mexican food restaurant, I can't remember the name, but the service there was good. I highly recommend this hotel for festivals at the Empire Polo fields--it is really close to the concert venue and we utlized the shuttle that was included in our package purchased through Valley Music Travel (which I highly recommend--the package was seamless from beginning to end). Just be prepared when eating at the resort to wait with the throngs if you want to sit down and eat. The hotel also set up temporary snack carts where you could purchase to-go items, which was a nice alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST® is a world-renowned Southern California desert retreat featuring 796 elegantly appointed casitas, suites and villas; the 23,000-square-foot Spa La Quinta® with 41 pools and 53 hot spas; 41 tennis courts; over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities; and exceptional cuisine at Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6 and Adobe Grill. Known as The Western Home of Golf in America® and named ”North America’s Golf Resort of the Year,” it is home to five award-winning golf courses and four private courses – designed by legends Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf. Golf instruction is offered at the PGA WEST Golf Academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort & Club Hotel La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort And Club
- La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Greater Palm Springs