“The Bed was So confy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
indio,ca
“The Bed was So confy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

I wanted to stay somewhere nice for my man and I for our anniversary. I'm glad i stayed at the homewood suites! the front desk was great! I had a lot of help from a nice gentleman named Johnny he gave our stay one of the greatest! he had a positive out going attitude. overall pool was fantastic, room was awesome!w/ a kitchen! our view was like a min golf course it was cute. midnite we went for a swim no one gave us any prob. we were quite so they didn't need to. Everything was Great! you'll love it!

• Liked — the vibe of everyone there including the guest
  • Disliked — the midnite front desk.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Stayed in the hotel for 1 night (Saturday 20th).
Checked in online through the Hilton website. When I arrived at the hotel at my exact time I put on the online check in the room was unavailable.
As the previous reviewer posted they seem to have a problem allocating rooms...
I had selected room 304 - a king non smoking.
Upon check in I was told the room wasn't ready. I asked how long it would be before it was ready. I got the reply that they didn't know.
So, putting 2 and 2 together - they'd given the room away....
I'm guessing this as there were 3 or 4 other couples at check in waiting, not so patiently, for a king room.
So, I got room 312, a 2 queen 1 bed suite. When i got to the room - wow! Huge room which was excellently furnished and spotless.
Living area with large sofa / chair / TV. Full kitchen. Small dining table. Then the bedroom was huge too!
The hotel is about 1/4 mile from the main 111 highway and a large selection of restaurants. There is an applebees right night door but I was hell bent on making it "The Beer Hunter". So it was a 10 minute walk for me!

Breakfast the next day was pretty much a rugby scrum as there were lots of people milling around the food. Not helped by unruly kids running amok in there...
Grabbed some food and went back to my room to eat it.

Overall, excellent value and great rooms!

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — breakfast scrum
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

On September 8, 2008, I booked a 3-night stay at the Homewood Suites Hilton Hotel, La Quinta (new hotel) for 09/12-09/15. I specially requested a wheelchair, handicapped-accessible room. In the comments area, I further specified "near pool and/or elevator....wheelchair accessible." On September 9, 2008, I contacted Homewood Suites ( and requested that instead of the 3-night stay, to make the reservation for only 2 nights. I was given a confirmation number and requested specific confirmation that a handicapped accessible room was available. The reservation spokesperson said we definitely had an accessible room and send a confirmation e-mail, stipulating the room requirement.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that there was no handicapped room available. That, in fact, the room had been extended to the person that had previously occupied the room - even though we had confirmed reservation.........

I was told that the only other action that could be taken was to send us to another Hilton property - Embassy Suites - that was located several miles away. Upon our arrival to the Embassy Suites, it was no where near the standards of the other hotel - but the room rate remained the same. My daughter was so upset when she arrived and saw the accommodations that she called several other hotels, and eventually we moved to yet another hotel. My friend that required the accessible room had a brain tumor removed and is severely impaired on the left side of his body. With a temperature of 108 degrees, we moved and removed luggage and a wheelchair.

This was a terribly unfortunate experience and I would not recommend this hotel/experience to anyone traveling with a disability, requiring a handicapped accessible room.

Stayed September 2008
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

We've been going to the Palm Springs area every year for the past 7 years and we've always stay in Palm Desert or Rancho Mirage. We wanted an all-suite hotel for the space and a kitchen, especially with kids. We've never stayed or even been to La Quinta before, but after researching this hotel we decided it sounded like a good place to stay and I am so glad we did!

We stayed in a 2 bdrm/2 bath suite with full kitchen. When we entered our room, we were so surprised by how big the rooms were! In July we stayed at the Residence Inn in Palm Desert in a 2 bdrm suite and their rooms aren't even as big as this one was!

The living room was quite roomy with plenty of room to move around. One bedroom had 2 queen beds and there was a large open space by the window that my boys would sit and play their video games. The other bedroom had a king size bed and it also had plenty of room to move around and had a full size mirrored closet on one wall. Each bedroom had a seperate shower area and sink/mirror area (see my pictures).

The kitchen is on the small size, but all we really needed it for was the refrigerator and microwave. We definitely used both!

The best thing at this hotel was the pool. It was nice and big which is what my boys wanted and there were plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. They also have 2 natural gas barbecues which we used to barbecue hot dogs for lunch. There's also plenty of tables and chairs on the patio area outside of their lobby/dining area for your use as well.

Every morning is a free breakfast that was okay. It's limited and they tend to run out of food and refill slowly. I don't know if they weren't expecting the crowd they got or they're just not on top of things. The kids loved it though and it's free, so who can complain? Monday through Thursday they offer a light meal in the evenings and those were pretty good! (We got there on a Weds.). The first night we had fettucini alfredo, fresh veggies and rolls. For desert were wonderful, fresh baked, warm cookies. They were yummy! The 2nd night we had enchiladas, rice and beans and more cookies. Again, yummy. If you're on a budget, staying there during the week would be great because you wouldn't have to go out for breakfast or dinner. One thing I found strange though, is their lack of beverages for dinner. They only had iced tea and water or coffee. No milk or soda for the kids. I don't know many kids (mine included) that will drink iced tea. Other all-suite hotels I've stayed at always have a fountain drink machine offering different sodas. At dinner, we would always bring down our own 2 liter bottle of soda for the kids (there were 4 kids as my bro-in-law and his 2 kids went as well). If you wanted to go out to eat, there were plenty of restaurants of all kinds in the area as well as markets if you wanted to get food for the hotel room.

This hotel is only a year old and you can tell. It's still well maintained and very clean. The staff was always helpful and everyday their chef/cook would walk around and ask if there was anything else you needed or if everything was okay with your meal which was nice. The hotel was not crowded at all, even for the Labor Day holiday weekend. We pretty much had the pool to ourselves the whole time we were there. This may be because onlyrecently La Quinta is trying to become more of a resort community like Palm Desert/Rancho Mirage. There's other new hotels in the area as well. The rates were not bad at all, $150 a night and that's because we had the 2 bdrm. Just an FYI: This hotel has 3 floors and there's only one 2 bdrm/2 bath hotel room per floor. The rest are studio suites or 1 bdrm suites. Keep this in mind should you decide to stay at this hotel in a 2 bdrm. We will most definitely be going back again next year and hopefully it will be just as nice then as it is now!

• Liked — The size of the room and having a kitchen!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Long Beach ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

WOW!!! My family spent two nights at this hotel in August to enjoy a little vacation before my daughter went back to school. I had never been or heard of this place before and I was lucky enough to find it at Palm Springs .com. I got a great summer rate with AAA so we decided to give it a try. What a great place. Everything was superb. The front desk of Stephanie and Michael were very professional and even upgraded me to a room with a outside balcony at no extra charge. The one bedroom suite was on the third floor and was large and very clean and it was equiped with a small kitchen. The bed was probably the softest most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Great shower and plenty of towels and accesories needed. The pool was huge and a perfect temperature for a 105 summer day. We also enjoyed the putting green that was available. Included in the rate were complimentary breakfast and dinner buffets that were abundant and delicious. At dinner both wine and beer were available free of charge. I have stayed at many different hotels and condos throughout the Palm Springs desert area and honestly have never enjoyed a stay like I did here. EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT THANK YOU EVERYONE

• Liked — service was the best
  • Disliked — honestly nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!