“Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
lomita, United States
“Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was an unusual trip being that the purpose of the stay was to be near a critically ill relative. The suite felt spacious and it was nice to have a kitchenette for meals. The staff was friendly and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Homewood Suites La Quinta has an excellent location for activities in the Palm Desert-La Quinta area. Rooms are spacious and well designed, large pool, friendly staff. Convenient to golf at PGA West , Indian Wells and La Quinta

Room Tip: Main floor with patio open to pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a very nice but very simple place. We stayed on the 2nd floor right off the elevator in a 2 bedroom suite for Fourth of July weekend. Room was not very appealing aesthetically but incredibly practical as we had two adults and 3 teenage boys. The suite had a living room in the middle and each bedroom was on an opposite side of the living room so there was good privacy. Kitchen was fine. Very spacious, clean and easy access to parking, elevator, pool, etc.

There were a lot of families and so pool area was filthy most of the time but we didn't spend much time there. Food for breakfast was fine and if you get a good price, this is a great deal. Good access to shopping, restaurants, etc. Ate one block away at LG's Steakhouse which is like a Lawry's just more extensive menu but food is perfect and pricey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Traveled here for Memorial Day weekend with my 2 kids (22 months and 3 months), my mom, and our best friend. Each of us had our own suite (3 suites total). We chose this hotel because we have little ones and the larger hotels really don't cater to kids (and the adults don't typically enjoy having them around there $450 a night hotel).
Each suite was a little different.
The suite we had was normal size inside, but the balcony was ENORMOUS. Literally, it was an entire additional room. ISSUE: No canopy. So, in 100 degree weather it was quite hot to sit on.
The suite my mother had was HUGE inside (very long), but the balcony was small and had a large wall blocking any view of the pool or mountains. It was, however, very private.
The 3rd suite, was on the bottom floor. Much like our layout, standard square type suite with 2 rooms, but the balcony was a patio on the bottom floor that leads out to a sitting area and the pool. Not private and not useful.
The rooms were all basically the same and had not been remodeled yet. Our room was the nicest. Very clean. My mothers room was a little dark and kind of dingy, although nothing was really dirty. There were 2 strange skylights in her room that helped with the darkness at night because of the layout of the room, but honestly, they were annoying according to her because they didn't close correctly (even though they supposedly had a switch for a curtain of some sort?).
The pool was nice and large enough to accommodate the entire hotel on a major weekend. The pool attendant has rafts for kids and infants, towels, and is very nice. I assume she enjoys tips, but was not sure?
Their breakfast is very nice, as they typically are at this hotel chain. Excellent food, very clean, nice attendants.
The grounds are clean and well maintained.
Ample parking and very easy to get to lots of things (downtown Palm Springs, Casinos, Costco, restaurants, Rancho Mirage, Desert Hot Springs, River Walk, etc.)

Room Tip: The top floor in the corners-best rooms. Face the pool, it's a better choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The best part of this hotel for me was the wonderful pool! The 1 bedroom suite we had was absolutely perfect! They serve breakfast every morning and dinner during the week. We didn't get a chance to have either, but I always appreciate the option! The hotel was a bit far (about 20 minutes) from Palm Springs, but there were quite a few restaurants and shops less than 5 minutes from the hotel. Staff was extremely friendly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Homewood Suites! This La quinta property is beautiful and their front desk agents are very nice. Great customer service skills always stand out to me, their housekeeping is a different story. Housekeeping department definitely needs some improvement! We checked in a couple hours earlier than the guaranteed 3:00PM time and the front desk was very accommodating, called to see if our room was ready and he verified with housekeeping. Well even though housekeeping claimed to have "inspected" the room we walked into a dirty room. Came back down to the front desk and told them we would wait, no big deal! But the front desk agent found us another room and all was well :) On our second day me and the boyfriend were going out for breakfast for about 2/3 hours and wanted our room cleaned during that time. I went down to the front desk and personally told the agent I would like my room cleaned ASAP, the agent called housekeeping right in front of me. Of course when we got back, the room was untouched. I liked this property but unfortunately the housekeeping department made this stay unpleasant. i WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT 5 STARS ALL ACROSS IF NOT FOR THIS ISSUE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Krystle K, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi Patty!

Hope your day is going well!

I just wanted to reach out and thank you for your response about your recent experience with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I love to hear your nice comments about our hotel and front office staff.

However, I am very sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with our housekeeping services. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and I completely understand your frustration. I have already addressed these issues with our Management, as well as our staff, to ensure this will not be happening in the future.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you the next time your travel brings you to the desert.

Krystle Kruse
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

There were 23 of us who stayed here for our family reunion. Everyone really enjoyed the breakfasts and the dinners. I read that some reviewers stated that there weren't enough variety for breakfast, but my goodness, there were lots of choices! Every morning there were two kinds of hot eggs or French toast, oatmeal, fruit, bagels, bread for toasting, muffins, Danish, yogurt, bacon or sausage, juice, and several types of cold cereal. I don't know what more people expect. It was a lot more choices than I ever offer my family for breakfast at home! The dinners were not my idea of a "light" dinner, it was a regular full on dinner. The lasagna was everyone's favorite. We had young children with us and they even cooked chicken strips especially for them. My daughter doesn't eat meat. They didn't have any vegetarian offerings, but there was a salad bar every night, so she did well with that. Every evening we also enjoyed happy hour from 9pm-midnight at the Applebee's Restaurant next door. Thank you Krystle and Robyn for all your planning help. Everyone didn't want to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

LAQuintaRobyn, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience of The Homewood Suites La Quinta. It was so nice to have you and your family join us. Hope to see you again.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!