“Great place with great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
The Living Desert Offer
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Los Angeles, California
“Great place with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stay there for two night. Marco at the front desk was outstanding, very friendly and helpful. Everyone was professional and friendly. The pool was large and very well maintained. One of cleanest hotel jacuzzi I have seen. Great place for a family. Dinning area is spacious. Very clean property. We plan to come back again.

Room Tip: One bedroom are great for family's with younger kids. Very nice dinner on the weekdays & gr...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Victorville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary back in August. We wanted a quiet, relaxing place to stay with a nice pool and this hotel definitely offered that!

My husband mentioned at check in that it was our anniversary and the lady at the front desk (I think her name was Liz) gave us a poolside suite. It was a wonderful room where we were able to go out our sliding door and straight to the pool area. It was also surprisingly quiet...we never heard the kids at the pool!

There is shopping nearby (Stater's, Vons, Target, and Walmart Supercenter) so we went out and got some groceries for our stay. When we got back 40 minutes later there was a gift bag and card from the staff at our door. We were shocked (in a good way) that they hand wrote us an anniversary card and gave us gourmet toffee (from a local business- Brandini!). Very thoughtful!

We brought our bluray player with us and rented movies from Redbox. The tv was great and swiveled! The internet was fast (it wasn't wifi, but they provided an ethernet cord in the nightstand) and we had no problems hooking up to it.

The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows! I love sleeping in super cold rooms with lots of blankets, and I was able to here! They have touch screen thermostats and extra blankets in the closet! I was in heaven! :)

We truly enjoyed the breakfast buffet! There wasn't alot of room to sit in the dining area, so we brought our breakfast to our room each morning. It was nice to be able to eat at our dining room table and enjoy the quiet. We also enjoyed the complimentary dinner. It wasn't gourmet food, but hey, it was free and pretty delicious. Plus, it came with unlimited beer and wine! We definitely weren't complaining about that!

All in all, our trip here was outstanding! Wonderful staff, tons of amenities, serenity, great location...we will definitely be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Very nice rooms and facility. Would be great if they had HD programming to go along with those nice flat screen HD tv's. Nice business center with 2 computers, but they ran fairly slow. The breakfast and evening reception were reasonable, but would be awesome if the quality was slightly better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I vacation in Indian Wells/La Quinta every Labor Day, and usually stay in one of the 5 star resorts (Renaissance Esmeralda or Hyatt Grand Champions), but since this year I was travelling on a budget, I located Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta.

Impressed with the size of the rooms, decor, newness of the property, separate bedroom and the kitchenette with full sized fridge and fully stocked kitchenware and dishwasher, I had to check it out! The pool was good sized, average. They had towels at the pool which was nice. There was a nice water feature which helped to set a relaxing ambiance. There were gas grills (3-4) around the pool area, which I would have used had I visited in spring, but as it was 108 out, I passed!

I LOVED that there was a complimentary breakfast included in the rate! And I'm not talking about contintental breakfast either: scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cold cereal, muffins/danish/bagels/breads, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, juices and coffee. We went to the grocery store nearby (1 block away there's a Vons and a Stater Bros) to stock up on our lunches, drinks and snacks. While there we found a great pizzeria with arcade called "Great Stuff Pizza" by Vons and fully recommend their pizza, salads, sandwiches, and wings! Also have a large variety of brews on draft, including micro brews. We went there the first night. Then according to tradition, we went to the Fisherman's Wharf & Grill in La Quinta. Best seafood in the desert, with 4 locations. This is where the locals go. Owners are former coastal fishermen, who fly in their stock daily. YUM!!!

Extra points:
-You'll LOVE that you don't have a huge "resort fee" like the other places I mentioned, which can tack on up to $50/day for your stay. Not to mention, the parking is free where nearby resorts will charge 10-20 a day for that.
- They have laundry service available too.
- And a grocery shopping service, if you need it. But you're right in town (can walk to Applebees), so I just went myself.
- Weekday free dinner service (Mon-Thurs), in the lobby.
- New decor, very clean, and fresh smelling. No musty odors (I'm VERY sensitive to this).
- Good quality beds, sheets, towels, soap (Neutrogena)

You won't like:
- TV system clunky to use, try to get you to pay OD for everything.
- Movies are very expensive ($5 for old -$17 for new releases: you can only watch 1 time!) Not good with kids who want to watch Cars2 a few times during your stay... Bring a DVD & movies.
- Maid service was very much a "straightening" and not a cleaning. No vaccuming or deep cleaning during our stay. She did do dishes and run the dishwasher though, so that was a HUGE PLUS!

All in all, it was a great get-away. As a single mom, I like to go somewhere nearby, and relatively easy for the last weekend in summer (I live a couple hrs. away). Especially because we usually do a big camping or international travel trip the first week of Aug. every year. This is our last relaxing weekend. This fit the bill. I have to admit that I missed getting a massage at the spa, ordering snacks poolside, and having an evening dive-in movie, like you get at the big resorts. But I didn't miss the pricetag! I usually spend $650 for a resort stay, where this trip I spent about half that!

I definitely recommend this for that budget vacation where you'll still feel pampered. Very clean and safe, and service was great.

Room Tip: For the price, get a 1-2 room suite. It's so nice having separate sleeping quarters!
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very comfortable and spacious suite. Kitchenette with range, microwave, fridge. Separate bedroom with bath, living room and kitchen in other half of suite. Two flat screen TV's, no wifi internet in rooms (ethernet cable ready only), but provided wifi at pool and lobby, good business center also. Free hot breakfast and casual dinner M-Th. We stayed only one night because of massive power outage, but felt welcome and comfortable. Staff was swamped, but performed admirably under the unusual circumstances. Would definitely stay again and are thinking of putting overflow family here on future visits.

Room Tip: Good mountain views on north side.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The suites are spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom is large, with vanity separate from water closet and shower. In a very quiet area of La Quinta (Palm Springs area). Pool area is very large in a clover leaf design.
Breakfast is a buffet and was delicious. The staff was very attentive to refilling buffet, when needed.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I felt like I was at a resort at this hotel. The rooms were like mini apartments, with kitchenettes. Although there was not wifi in the rooms, they did offer free high speed if you had an ethernet cable. Otherwise, you could access the wifi in the lounge or the pool area. Their business center was nicely stocked with printer paper. They also offered a full hot continental breakfast AND a hot light dinner....all complimentary! Parking was ample and free.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!