“Desert Golfing At It's Best” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Golfing
Attraction Details
La Quinta, California
11 attraction reviews
“Desert Golfing At It's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a beautiful course. The entrance is amazing. There is a very small golf shop so clothing selection is limited compared to some other pro shops in the valley. The resturant has basic sandwiches and salads nothing outstanding. One of the best maintained driving ranges I've been on. What makes this course rate 5 stars from me is the setting and condition of the course. This public course was in better shape than a lot of the semi-private courses in the valley last season. Definitely worth playing at least once and you may end up being a repeat guest!

Visited April 2013

La Quinta, California
3 attraction reviews
“Silver Rock Resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice golf course, excellent setting, splendid views. "Work on Progress." It is a city owned golf course whose intention is to entice upscale builders. Development has been interrupted by recent economic factors. Excellent photos ops, mountains, lakes, waterfalls, desert backdrops. It will become fantastic some day. No club house yet.

Visited April 2013
White Rock, BC
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing golf course...for the golf enthusiast..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a must play for the avid golfer. I played the course three different times on my last trip down to La Quinta. The golf course is in incredible condition. The group I was with loved it and called the course the nicest golf course they had ever played. I also played it with my father who called the course the nicest but also the toughest course he ever played.

In other reviews people mention the bunkers..There are lots of "normal bunkers" with great sand and rakes. The sand is consistent throughout the course. There are also large areas of natural hazards that incorporate the native landscape and include large clumps of grasses, bushes, trees, etc. These areas are different than the green side bunkers but definitely add to the beauty of the course.

The beauty of the course, the mountains ( mountain sheep on some days) make the overall golfing experience spectacular.

The food was also much improved ( both in quality and menu choices ) over previous trips to the course.

A must play...

Visited May 2013
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beautiful to look at, but unrealistic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a beautiful course,but as other reviews have stated it is dominated by an over abundance of the largest sand traps on any course I have ever played. I am going to wind up echoing other reviews so those who utilize these reviews to make their decisions should really take heed that ther is substance behind what I and others have said.

1. Way too many sand traps that necessitate the average or above average golfer to throw darts at the green. No bailouts
2. The management put on a 5-some I. Front of us! Who does this in today's golfing world. We lived the epitome of every golfer's worst round; we waited on every shot! Every shot!
3. Upon returning our cars even the bag boys already knew what we were going to say. I think they hear it a lot
4. If the wind is up at all, and it was a touch, the up wind holes have you playing your 2nd shot from 180-200 yds on the par fours. We played from the blues which is about 6600 yes. Our group was all 10-12 handicappers and nobody shot anything better than an 89

I would really advise anyone deciding to play this track to read these reviews because I found almost everyone of them to be accurate.

Visited June 2013
Palm Desert, California
7 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location and views are over the top and they are planning to add more holes and hotels soon. No private homes. The clubhouse is so so. Food, not first choice. The course is a real challenge for the average golfer, hidden creeks, HUGE bunkers and baraccas, eats me alive. Do NOT like to play this. The driving range is quite a drive from the club.

Visited November 2012