“FIRST CLASS” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
vancouver
“FIRST CLASS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything about this property is great, from the front desk to the management !! Great free breakfast in the morning to the managers cocktail party at night !! The suites are beautiful and big and very well looked after. The pool area is very nice and the Property is close to alot of attractions. We loved it

Room Tip: all suites, ask for the even number rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were attending a wedding at the area and were able to take advantage of a block rate arranged by the wedding party. We paid $200 a night for a one bedroom suite, probably more room than we needed given our time in the area and there only being two of us staying in the room, the room had a pull out sofa so two more family could have stayed if need be. We had a room on the third floor facing the interior atrium area that double as the breafast area and bar/lounge area as well the manager's evening reception. Given all of this activity, we never heard any additional noise in our room. The breakfast was quite extensive with eggs, breads, pastry, bacon, juice, pancakes and oatmeal. The evening reception was simpler with appies but the all important bar service that was included, a nice touch. Our room was clean and well apppointed with a wet bar area along with a mini fridge.

We were truly impressed by the location, the polite staff and their knowledge of the area, we actually bumped into the manager and when asked about a specific issue, he quickly walked us over to the front desk and ensured that the appropriate staff person could answer our question, (he had only recently arrived to the area and was not able to provide the directions needed).

We have talked about making a trek to the Palm Springs area with friends, instead of the traditioal Vegas weekend, to play some golf, do some shopping and unwind/recharge the batteries, I would feel very comfortable in staying here again and recommending it to our travel companions,

Banff National Park, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

had to unexpectedly find a room in the area on short notice a friend was staying here and said they paid under $200. so i went to the front desk and was told because the tennis tournament was going on the rate were higher. I was quoted double what our friend paid. Because I was in a bind I did not have much other choice and paid the price for 5days. I was shocked on night one to find out that they wanted an additional $10 per day for wifi in the room!! Again because it was needed I paid the 5 dayrate of $35 only to find out that you had to wander around the room to get the signal an then it usually dropped in the middle of doing something. worked best in the bathroom if you wanted your time there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Near desert and bike trails. Yet close to Indian Wells Tennis International Event. Friendly. Clean just a great place to stay. Storage for our bikes and flexible rules on check out, towels etc.

Easy access, quiet and relaxing. Yet within in miles of more up beat places, restaurants and night life. Will definite come again.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Coming to an Embassy Suites, I knew they were nice hotels, but I didnt expect to feel like I was in a high end resort. The front desk staff were very friendly and more than willing to help us out and feel comfortable with our room. We must have lucked out because our room was one of the only 3 that we saw, that had an extended balcony that overlooked the pool and the mountains!!! Beside the fact that the housekeeping was phenomenal due to how spotless the room was, the view and location were off the charts beautiful, quiet and private. We couldnt have asked for a better room.

My fiance and I like to call ourselves the "spa enthusiasts." We enjoy going to spas together and trying different treatments. Walking into that spa was like walking into a JW Marriott resort spa. The front desk staff was very inviting and down to earth. I even broke some merchandise in the their boutique on accident and they were nice enough not to charge me, even though I was more than willing to pay for my damage caused. I believe, the front desk woman that we met was Maria? She was always smiling and took great effort into making us feel comforable. I scheduled a facial with Vickie. I like facials, but when it comes to extractions, I dont like the steam, because its always so close to my face I feel as though I cant breath. However, Vickie made that facial one of the best ones I have ever had. Everything she did was gentle and relaxing, like she had a passion for creating this euphoric experience, just like most companies describe their treatments. She made that treatment come to life!! It wasnt just going through the motions, I was in a different world. Of course she was very customer service oriented and more than willing to make sure I was getting the best experience. I even came down one evening to grab a snack and the little store next door was closed and she offered some of their trail mix from the relaxation room. I felt very valued as a guest that night.

My fiance and I normally stay at the JW Marriot in Palm Desert, but we both agreed that we would rather stay at Embassy Suites in La Quinta instead!!! :D Thank you for a wonderful two days!!

Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here for four nights. The location is terrific. Easy to find and right across the street from the old town. The breakfast was very good, with lots of options including fresh made omelettes. The managers reception was also a nice touch. It could start slightly earlier as we found people eat early in La Quinta so when we were meeting people for supper we would miss the reception.
Contrary to some of the reviews, our suite was very up to date with great flat screen TVs in both the LR and BR.

Three recommendations 1) get with the times re Internet charging $10/day? We stayed in 8 hotels on our trip and this was the only one to charge. 2) the guest laundry needs some updated equipment 3) the suites have mini kitchens but not a spoon, fork, plate, cup in the place.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify non smoking to get a clean fresh room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 15 nights and enjoyed them all!
When we walked into the hotel to check in, you could feel that this was a friendly, efficient and comfortable operation.
Our room was a standard suite, with an extremely comfortable bed, plenty of hanging space, drawers and cupboards. It was clean and very functionable.
Throughout our stay the level of servicing of the room was superb - in fact, maybe too enthusiastic as the stated policy of not changing towels that were hanging on the rail was totally ignored and we got clean towels every day!
The most impressive feature of the place were the staff. Without exception they were all friendly, helpful and simply did their jobs well. It is so good to be met with a smile. Even though the hotel on many occassions was extremely busy, a controlled sense of order prevailed.
Breakfast was fine, the evening "managers reception" (a phrase used for free drinks and nibbles) was extremely popular and the food from the menu was very good value and well prepared.
Location is fabulous. A quick stagger from the hotel entrance and you are quickly into Old Town La Quinta.
Our only minor complaints were the charge for wi-fi and the poor selection of TV channels (no Golf Channel in an hotel full of golfers!).
We used the main pool (which incorporated a hot tub). Towels were plentiful and we had no problems finding a lounger.
I think room charges vary, but we got an excellent rate for our 15 days stay and considered the whole experience good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!