“Nice Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Quinta
Gilbert, Arizona
“Nice Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy suites with our kids. I did not realize they upgraded our room until we went to check out and the total price was more then the rate that I booked. Luckily, I had printed a copy of my reservation with the rate on it to prove it. They upgraded our room to a pool view and then tried to charge me for it. Not ok!! I never asked for a upgrade. Be aware of this if you stay.
The property is very nice. The room has a safe in the room, microwave and refrigerator. It was a nice room and our room had a balcony. Breakfast is included and it is a full breakfast with just about everything. They will do cook to order omelets and also have egg beaters too. They do check your name and room number to make sure you do not have any extra people for breakfast and happy hour. Happy hour was really good. It was from 5:30-7:30pm. They had a list of drinks included. They did give out full glass beers, have different wines and mixed drinks too. Even special drinks for the kids. They did have different food left out for happy hour and both nights had different food. I thought the food for happy hour was better then other Embassy Suites. Also, you can order food at happy hour and have dinner while you are having your drinks.
I booked a room that included a meal for the kids free if you ate at the restaurant. It was only one meal for a child per paying adult and only one time during your stay, not per night. Check the rate online and also call and talk to the actual hotel for a price, not the 1-800 number. The rate at the hotel was about $10 cheaper per night when I check with them. The 1-800 number seems to have the same rates that you see online.
They do have a swimming pool and a jacuzzi. Lots of outdoor chairs and tables. They do have free parking, not covered parking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I guess it was Someone's turn to have a bad experience and we travel enough to know it happens. Dirty glasses with lipstick in restaurant and chicken tenders for my kids not cooked all the way through. Food and beverage manager ( on the job for 2 days) says when we get back up t our room after waiting in line for a table at one of the local restaurants with two kids in 100-plusvdegree heat that he will send something up to make it up to us. Get back to room and no items waiting. Finally at 9 pm I call down to let them know we will be sleeping and he says that he hasn't had a chance to bring items. They had a chance to make it right and couldn't even get that right. We are Hilton diamond members and stay at embassy all the time. Was shocked at this bad experience.

• Stayed June 2011
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I loved this hotel. It is located in scenic La Quinta across from a nice shopping area. The rooms are all suites, with a separate bedroom with a door that closes, Although I was traveling by myself, these suites would be great for families or others who need separate sleeping areas. The practical layout included a large bathroom with doors to both the bedroom and living/sleeper sofa room. There is a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, sink, microwave and coffee maker. Overall, a very nicely designed room. However, I do have two complaints. The WiFi is not free. I am always upset when I have to pay for something that is like a utility that should be incuded in all hotel room rates, I also was not happy with the televisions, which are inside cabinets with doors. Unfortunately, the doors open straight out and do not fold back, so to speak, So it is as if the TVs have "blinders" on. Unless you are sitting on the couch directly in front of the TV, or sitting on the left side of the bed facing the TV, you can't see the TV from elsewhere in the rooms. I wanted to watch TV while sitting at the desk in the living room but could not see the picture. You can pull the TV out a few inches, and turn it slightly, but that isn't enough because the doors are in the way. Also, , the TV's are the ancient analog ones. I think it's long past time to replace them with flat scren TVs - and ditch the cabinets! I appreciated that a limited dinner menu was offered in the evening. I ordered a pasta dish that was very tasty and nicely presented. The cheesecake was also delicious! The breakfast was adequate although nothing special. The hotel offers a full-service spa but I didn't make use of it. Overall, I loved my stay - with the exception of the television issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atrium.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Rochdale, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The backdrop of the San Jacinta Mountains gives some rooms fantastic views,and the hotel is lovely.
We got an enormous suite on the 4th floor, with two tvs (bedroom and lounge), fridge, microwave, coffee machine, great towels and probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
The free breakfast is not just some toast and fruit/cereals,but includes hot bacon, sausage, eggs as you want them, porridge/muffins etc etc.
The Managers "Happy Hour" involves free alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks from 5-30pm to 7-30pm, by which time, you've set yourself up for the evening.
Across the road (250yds) is a great range of restaurants and some classy shops.
The heat in June was pushing 104 degrees (too hot to be out in it for long) but there is a lovely pool with jacuzzi to cool off in.
My only niggle would be charging for in-room wi-fi ($10 a day).
I'm definitely returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The hotel was clean and looked like relatively new construction. It wasn't full so was quiet and pleasant. My family, husband, 1 teenager and me, were very comfortable in the 1-bdrm suite. Staff was friendly and helpful and the included breakfast was great! There is a pool, kiddy pool and jacuzzi easily accessible. The location, though a bit away from many attractions, is pleasant and there is a old La Quinta town across the street where there are some shops but mostly great eateries for lunch/dinner. About 1/4 to 1/2 mile away is a grocery store shopping center where there's a Starbucks! The highlights for us were going to the Palm Springs Tram/hiking (about 45-min drive) and exploring the Salton Sea area (most of 1 day).

Room Tip: upper floors opposite the entrance had best views
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Laguna Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've stayed at many Embassy Suites, but this one was top notch! The breakfast service was expansive and delicious. The manager's happy hour was very generous with great snacks. The pool is small but they do a good job keeping towels available and such. Ordering food at the pool takes a LONG time to get, so don't wait until your starving. The rooms are nice and perfect for a family of 3. We would definitely come back. Tip: I booked though hotels.com for $129/night (advance pay). I didn't realize I had to call and reserve a balcony or patio room. Our room was overlooking the air conditioner unit :(. It was Mem. Day weekend, so there were no other rooms available. They told me I could have called and set that up. I will next time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kingston Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed here at the end of April 2011. The hotel was the best Embassy Suites we have stayed at. All aspects of our stay were excellent. We also enjoyed the area as it was quiet and close to good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!