“Great Chinese at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Indian Wells, California
“Great Chinese at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I always enjoy dining here, for lunch or dinner. The atmosphere is pleasant, not overcrowded, the staff friendly, the prices very reasonable, and the food excellent. I don't know what makes their combination fried rice so tasty but it is my favorite (combo of shrimp, chicken and beef). One of my favorite appetizers is their pot stickers - YUM!
They have a most reasonable lunch menu with a large selection of their most popular dishes ranging in price from $6.95 - $7.95, and this includes soup and steamed or fried rice. Their dinner menu includes chicken, pork, beef, seafood and vegetarian sections as well as soups, salads, appetizers and house specials. They also offer a full bar.
This is not a fast food takeout joint, this is a comfortable restaurant that brings your food quickly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indio, California
“Canton Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went for the first time for lunch. They had a broad menu and a relatively inexpensive lunch menu which we had. The food was good. The ambiance was also good. The service was a bit slow but to be expected as it was not a cafeteria style menu. It was a good value meal and I definitely plan on going back. It was one of the better Chinese restaurants in the area and close to shopping. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
La Quinta, California
“This place has gone in the dumpster!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have always loved this restaurant, but we went this weekend and everything had changed. Took forever to get our food, then when it came, my wife bit down and gagged because there was a 2 inch piece of wire in the food. We called the waiter over and showed him, he said "Oh yeah, that if from the brush they clean the Wok with! That was it, like it happened often! So then we called the manager over and he said we are trying to fix that problem but when we get busy, we haven't been able to stop it from happening?? When the waiter came back, I told him the mistake he made was he never even apologized. His answer was, believe it or not, "it never crossed my mind". We told the manager about this, he offered to take half off the bill, which was nice, but too late and not what we wanted him to do. The food was not as good as it used to be, and this behavior was unacceptable. All new people, new ownership, no Chinese presence noticeable. What a shame, it was such a good place. They do not know how to run a restaurant. We will not go back again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
La Quinta, California
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have been there three times and the food is very good. I think it is a little chintzy to charge for tea, and the restaurant needs to repad their chairs. They have zero cushion on them.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palm Desert, California
“Consistently Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My parents are in town visiting from Philadelphia & my Mom remembered Canton Bistro having really good food. I took my parents there last night & they did not disappoint, great food, good service & an all around enjoyable experience. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013