“Too intimate” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Too intimate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Visiting from Seattle and saw the reviews on Trip Advisor regarding restaurants. Chapellis lived up to its reviews in terms of food and service. If you want great Italian food, this is the place to go. The seafood risotto was superb as was the lasagne. The bread pudding desert that came with the meal was mediocre and I wish that I ordered something off the menu. My only problem with the restaurant was the close seating. There is intimate and there is intimate. The tables are so close together that it's hard to have a conversation. Most of the clientele are elderly who tend to talk loud. If you don't mind eavesdropping on multiple table conversations, this is the place to go. I understand the economics of the restaurant industry but the seating in Campellis is just too tight.

Seattle
“A Real Gem next to Ralph's grocery store.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Don't let the location put you off. It's a wonderful restaurant with a neighborhood feel. Be sure and make reservations, as it's very popular. Small and intimate - hence a bit noisy when it's busy. The specialties of the house come with salad and dessert (bread pudding) - both of which are delicious.
I ordered the chicken piccata and it was one of the best I've had in a restaurant - light and lemony.. Ask for a sachet wrapped half lemon if you like more citrus. The wine pours were generous!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Neighborhood dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Quality neighborhood restaurant. Selection was not extensive but food was good. I had baked cod
Puttenesca which was excellent. San dabs also good. Restaurant is small. Service was good.
Salad with main course was average. Bread pudding was included with price for dinner. No espresso available which is disappointing.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mountain View, California
“Best Italian Bolognese sauce in a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This place was wonderful. I ended up having dinner at the bar and John the owner was the bartender pouring a good reasonable drink. The Lentil soup was made with a very tasty sausage but the bolognese sauce was superior. The people were friendly and accommodating. Forced some very tasty cheesecake and only laughed a little when I order a chocolate tini with it. Had great coffee and made some new friends. I'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irvine, CA
“An Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

What an amaazing experience! We had made reservations at Chapelli’s for our anniversary celebration. We arrived at the appointed time and were seated immediately at a nice corner table by the window. As some others have said here, you might not expect a place like this in this location but the restaurant is amazingly cozy and intimate. Very soon after being seated, someone was pouring water. Another person was clearing the extra place settings from the table. I could tell already that this was going to be special. Soon another staff member brought bread and an antipasti dish.

When our server, Brianna, came to our table, we ordered a bottle of chianti for our celebration. It didn’t take long for the wine to arrive. Once the wine was open, Brianna went over the menu and we ordered our food. No rush here. She allowed us time to enjoy some wine and relax for a bit. She came back to check on us several times and took time to chat with us awhile.

Entrees here come with soup or salad, and a bread pudding dessert at the end of the meal. I had the minestrone soup and my wife had the house salad with creamy Italian dressing which she described as excellent. I don’t normally have minestrone soup but this was so good. For the entree we had the Tuscany Shrimp and Linguini. The sauce was heavenly and so were the shrimp.

The wine is gone and it’s time for the dessert. Surprise! Since we had mentioned that it was our anniversary, she brought a slice of cheesecake and bread pudding that we could share. Since the cheesecake was on the house, she even offered to bring another bread pudding if we wanted it but we declined.

We live about 2 hours away and go to La Quinta a couple of times a year but had not discovered Chapelli’s before. Our experience was so amazing that it woule almost be worth a special trip just for dinner! I am looking forward to our next dining experience here.

• Visited February 2014