“Fantastic Meal and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LG's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 106 Restaurants in La Quinta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Meal and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

LG's was a wonderful restaurant! The food was outstanding. Everything was cooked exactly as ordered. The tumbleweed appetizer was fun and delish. The service was impeccable and the prices were very reasonable.

Visited June 2013

Santa Monica, California
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We were very late arriving, three people and one two-seater car meant I was running a shuttle service. The staff were superb- patient, funny and spot-on with the orders. Beats the other steak houses we've tried locally (that would be Wally's) hands down.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, California
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I came here for Christmas dinner. Everyone enjoyed their steaks and cooked perfectly. Love the tableside service for the Caesar. Nice ambiance by the big open fire. Very enjoyable meal! The only complaint is that their desserts are just not as good as the food so I usually pass on dessert here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
seattle
“Good food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Looking forward to a nice steak and good atmosphere following golf on my birthday. The bone-in prime rib was very good and cooked perfectly but the baked potato at $6.00 was barely warm with mediocre dressings that was just tossed on the table without comment. My biggest complaint was the poor service and training for a high end steakhouse. The server reached across the table twice filling water glasses and spilling water on the table - again without comment. I asked the waiter if they provide training and his reply was "they do but they often don't remember". Well, for $60 a steak they better remember. The waiter service was a mix of Chucky Cheese and Sizzler and when he pretended to care (when handing over the bill) he mentioned he hoped I would return for a special occasion. I told him it was my birthday and he seemed like I should have given them advance notice. I said it was no big deal but in finer establishments they often will ask. I also let him know I thought the service was very poor to which he had a few lame excuses and kept saying "come back and we'll treat you right" to which I let him know there would be no next time and he wasn't addressing the present issues. There were only three tables occupied while I was there so no excuse for the bad service apart from staff slacking off.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Nice place to dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Overall it was a very nice dinner. I made the mistake and took the waiters advise and ordered the Prime Rib, it was not the best choice. My wife had a filet steak which was wonderful. We had the broccoli which was marginal for $11! The Caesar salad was ok. They complimented a nice chocolate fudge cake for dessert for my wife's birthday. I'd go back.

Visited May 2013