“Bucket List Item!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 19 Attractions in La Quinta
More attraction details
Owner description: •Upscale hot air balloon rides throughout Palm Springs area.•Experience the beauty of Southern California with panoramic views of the San Jacinto and Santa Rosa mountains, date palm groves and pristine golf courses.•Smaller balloons for a more personal experience.•Complimentary transportation aboard our luxurious van.•Experience our EXCLUSIVE 360 degree tour.•Sunrise passengers enjoy mimosas & locally homemade pastries.•Sunset passengers enjoy champagne, fresh fruits & cheese.•Commemorative flight certificate, souvenir, and photo included.
Peace River, Canada
“Bucket List Item!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Words really cannot describe the fantastic experience my husband and had on our recent balloon ride with Kelly, Tom, and Kurt! Right from the day I called to book to our hugs at the end of the trip, we had an amazing time! Truly genuine people who truly care about providing a safe, comfortable, and memorable experience! It was so fun to be involved in every part of the experience from inflating to packing up the balloon. Tom told us wonderful stories of the history of the area from the air as we enjoyed the view! Then after the ride was over we were treated to a beautiful picnic of croissants, fruit, and mimosas! The Ballooner's Prayer almost brought tears to my eyes! We truly feel like we had a unique experience and that no detail was overlooked! Thank you so much for all the amazing memories! We will always cherish them!! Dan and Tammy!

Visited October 2013

Hermosa Beach, California
4 attraction reviews
“Flight of a Lifetime - HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY MICHELLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We wanted to make our daughter in law's 30th birthday memorable. So, my husband I thought - what about a hot air balloon ride?

We can't thank the HAVN FUN Hot Air Balloon owners Tom & Kelli Keller enough for making Michelle's flight amazing, fun and memorable. Tom & Kelli have such a attention to detail. I love how they involve everyone with the experience. The lift off was amazing to watch from the ground - and the landing at the Thermal airport was spectacular. What a huge surprise when after their flight, everyone was treated to delicious fresh fruit and croissants. Tears flowed when owner Kelli brought out a mini birthday cake for Michelle. WOW.

We recommend HAVN FUN Hot Air Ballooning as an event you will always remember ♥

Visited March 2013
Red Deer, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Another Check off of the Bucket List!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

First of All a HUGE Canadian Hug from Kathy and Janice!!!! WOW!!!! What an amazing experience from our 1st phone call to Kelli to the very end (which we wished hadn't ever ended) was 1st class all the way!!! Kelli, Tom and Kurt showed us true American hospitality. I had mentioned on my 1st phone call to Kelli that this would be our 1st balloon experience and that it would be another check mark on my bucket list! We were given great directions to the hotel in La Quinta where we met Kelli. We were then driven to the launch site with a very informative chat with Kelli. The balloon wasn't fully inflated which was awesome to watch the process. We met Tom and Kurt and felt totally comfy in their hands. All safety concerns were addressed and double checked. Before you knew it we were UP UP AND AWAY with Kelli photographing it all. Tom explained and answered all questions and pointed out landmarks. etc. that we weren't even aware of. Such a peaceful place to be while the sun was rising!!! You can definately feel the passion this family has for their operation!!! After we landed it was really great that we got to help fold up the balloon. There really is much more to it than we thought!! We were then taken for our picnic and Tom explained the significance of a champagne toast after a flight!! We were treated to champagne mimosas, pastries and fresh fruit! YUMMMMMMMMM! We were then given our souvenirs that came with the flight (I won't tell you and ruin your surprise) Kelli even wore a special t-shirt just for us!!!! We were made to feel incredibly comfortable and safe at all times!!!! Can't even explain in words how AWESOME this trip was and hope to make it an annual!!!! Thanks AGAIN Kelli, Tom and Kurt!!! Feel free to contact me if anyone has any questions!!!! CHEERS!!!!

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“UP UP AND AWAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

December 20, 2012 - a ( personal ) date that will live in......unforgetable memories ! ( With apologies for paraphrasing President Franklin Delano Roosevelt )
On behalf of my son Christian and myself I would like to express our appreciation to Kelli and Tom Keller along with son Kurt for making that day, a day that will stay in our memories for the rest of our lives ! Our first Hot Air Balloon ride !
Little things mean a lot. We noticed that some other tour companies demanded a credit card to make a reservation. Now, I am one of the few remaining inhabitants on this planet that does not have a credit card as I pay everything with cash. For Kelli, this was no problem. Even though I was a complete stranger, Kelli said she trusted me and that display of faith in me was deeply appreciated by me.
We noticed that HAVENFUN was one of the few tour companies that actually came to pick us up at our hotel lobby while a number of other tours, you have to make your own way there at your own expense.
As Kelli drove us to the balloon launch site she gave us an interesting and informative tour of our surroundings and did the same thing on the way back..
My son and I saw the balloon being inflated and actually got to peak inside the balloon itself while this was being done.
Another thing we enjoyed ( as Canadians ) was observing that Kelli, Tom and Kurt really enjoyed what they were doing. Too often where I come from, people work mechanically - going through the motions and do an adequate job. Not so with Kelli, Tom and Kurt. These people try very hard to see that we had a really good time ! They truly love their job and as foreigners, we could really feel their American Hospitality. Kelli, Tom and Kurt really know the hot air ballooning business.
My son is autistic and I was concerned that Kelli and Tom might not want to take Christian on the hot air balloon ride, but this challenge did not phase Kelli and Tom one bit. There was no problem and my son throughly enjoyed the ride as we floated above the Coachella Valley area, which included slowly gliding over a local airport and watching from on high a few two seater planes take off and land.
And when Tom pointed out the San Andreas fault line in the distance, that for me was really exciting as we have heard so much about this major earthquake fault line.
It was a perfect spring like day to go on a Hot air balloon ride and I should note that Kelli and Tom always make absolutely sure that there are no dangerous high winds that could cause any trouble for Hot Air Balloonists.
After landing, Christian and I really enjoyed helping Kelli, Tom and Kurt wrap up and put away the hot air balloon ! I was amazed at how quickly overall this was done and how compact you can get a hot air balloon into one large bag.
Later at night, back at Palm Springs, we had a little picnic in which I drank a bottle of champagne and we all enjoyed cheese and fresh fruits. We also were presented with two HAVENFUN champagne glasses which I managed to get back to Canada in one piece and it is from those glasses that we shall drink from to celebrate the arrival of New Years 2013 ! We also got two commemorative flight certificates.
While we were having our picnic, Tom gave a brief informative history of hot air ballooning !
We had a portable computer back at our hotel and Kelli emailed us photos that she took of our balloon filght from beginning to end and they were excellent pictures.
After I requested, Kelli and Tom will send us a DVD of all the photos she took on for us this most memorable day.
So, if you are visiting Palm Springs, California, I would highly recommend HAVENFUN Hot Air Ballooning with Kelli and Tom. They will give you a wonderful day that you will never forget.

Julian Mazur

Visited December 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“High Flyin' 50th!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

There are no words to describe what a totally AWESOME adventure this was! We had such a great time with Kelli, Tom and Kurt. Kelli is an extremely skilled pilot. She and her crew are very knowledgeable and very professional - but still SO MUCH FUN. She explained everything and we felt totally comfortable and at ease. PLUS she somehow managed to help my husband plan this whole thing as a surprise for my 50th birthday - and boy was it a surprise! We had a beautiful morning for a flight - winds were perfect. The sunrise on the Santa Rosa Mountains was magical. Our flight was actually scheduled for a few days earlier, but the winds weren't right and Kelli called the night before to say that we couldn't fly. Kelli picked us up in a very comfortable van. She had water for us...she answered all our questions and told us what to expect - how to get in and out of the balloon, how to prepare for landing. The crew even let us help with the set up and then packing up at the end. We got to stand inside the balloon while it was being inflated. We loved hearing their story - their love for ballooning and how they got the business started and why it's so much fun for them. Lift off was amazing - it seemed like we weren't even moving, but that the ground was just falling further away. During the flight Kelli told us what were seeing - the crops, the landscape, history of the area. We were in the air almost an hour - most of it at 2300 feet - but it felt like 12 seconds - it went by so fast! Kelli nailed the landing right on the airport - not even a bump - I think she was more excited by that than we were - Kurt told her later that she hit the "X"!! We packed up and then we all went back to the pick up spot where we had a ceremonial toast and picnic. We were given flight certificates and a lovely souvenier......and we bought shirts. By the time we said goodbye it felt like we had made 3 new friends. We just got the link to the photos they took of our flight. It was very cool to see the balloon getting smaller and further away...and knowing that we were in the basket! I have already started recommending HAVNFUN to all my friends....and I can't wait to back to fly with them again!!

Visited October 2012