“Another Check off of the Bucket List!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

760-646-8884
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: •Upscale hot air balloon rides throughout Palm Springs area.•Experience the beauty of Southern California with panoramic views of the San Jacinto and Santa Rosa mountains, date palm groves and pristine golf courses.•Smaller balloons for a more personal experience.•Complimentary transportation aboard our luxurious van.•Experience our EXCLUSIVE 360 degree tour.•Sunrise passengers enjoy mimosas & locally homemade pastries.•Sunset passengers enjoy champagne, fresh fruits & cheese.•Commemorative flight certificate, souvenir, and photo included.
Red Deer, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Another Check off of the Bucket List!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

First of All a HUGE Canadian Hug from Kathy and Janice!!!! WOW!!!! What an amazing experience from our 1st phone call to Kelli to the very end (which we wished hadn't ever ended) was 1st class all the way!!! Kelli, Tom and Kurt showed us true American hospitality. I had mentioned on my 1st phone call to Kelli that this would be our 1st balloon experience and that it would be another check mark on my bucket list! We were given great directions to the hotel in La Quinta where we met Kelli. We were then driven to the launch site with a very informative chat with Kelli. The balloon wasn't fully inflated which was awesome to watch the process. We met Tom and Kurt and felt totally comfy in their hands. All safety concerns were addressed and double checked. Before you knew it we were UP UP AND AWAY with Kelli photographing it all. Tom explained and answered all questions and pointed out landmarks. etc. that we weren't even aware of. Such a peaceful place to be while the sun was rising!!! You can definately feel the passion this family has for their operation!!! After we landed it was really great that we got to help fold up the balloon. There really is much more to it than we thought!! We were then taken for our picnic and Tom explained the significance of a champagne toast after a flight!! We were treated to champagne mimosas, pastries and fresh fruit! YUMMMMMMMMM! We were then given our souvenirs that came with the flight (I won't tell you and ruin your surprise) Kelli even wore a special t-shirt just for us!!!! We were made to feel incredibly comfortable and safe at all times!!!! Can't even explain in words how AWESOME this trip was and hope to make it an annual!!!! Thanks AGAIN Kelli, Tom and Kurt!!! Feel free to contact me if anyone has any questions!!!! CHEERS!!!!

Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“UP UP AND AWAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

December 20, 2012 - a ( personal ) date that will live in......unforgetable memories ! ( With apologies for paraphrasing President Franklin Delano Roosevelt )
On behalf of my son Christian and myself I would like to express our appreciation to Kelli and Tom Keller along with son Kurt for making that day, a day that will stay in our memories for the rest of our lives ! Our first Hot Air Balloon ride !
Little things mean a lot. We noticed that some other tour companies demanded a credit card to make a reservation. Now, I am one of the few remaining inhabitants on this planet that does not have a credit card as I pay everything with cash. For Kelli, this was no problem. Even though I was a complete stranger, Kelli said she trusted me and that display of faith in me was deeply appreciated by me.
We noticed that HAVENFUN was one of the few tour companies that actually came to pick us up at our hotel lobby while a number of other tours, you have to make your own way there at your own expense.
As Kelli drove us to the balloon launch site she gave us an interesting and informative tour of our surroundings and did the same thing on the way back..
My son and I saw the balloon being inflated and actually got to peak inside the balloon itself while this was being done.
Another thing we enjoyed ( as Canadians ) was observing that Kelli, Tom and Kurt really enjoyed what they were doing. Too often where I come from, people work mechanically - going through the motions and do an adequate job. Not so with Kelli, Tom and Kurt. These people try very hard to see that we had a really good time ! They truly love their job and as foreigners, we could really feel their American Hospitality. Kelli, Tom and Kurt really know the hot air ballooning business.
My son is autistic and I was concerned that Kelli and Tom might not want to take Christian on the hot air balloon ride, but this challenge did not phase Kelli and Tom one bit. There was no problem and my son throughly enjoyed the ride as we floated above the Coachella Valley area, which included slowly gliding over a local airport and watching from on high a few two seater planes take off and land.
And when Tom pointed out the San Andreas fault line in the distance, that for me was really exciting as we have heard so much about this major earthquake fault line.
It was a perfect spring like day to go on a Hot air balloon ride and I should note that Kelli and Tom always make absolutely sure that there are no dangerous high winds that could cause any trouble for Hot Air Balloonists.
After landing, Christian and I really enjoyed helping Kelli, Tom and Kurt wrap up and put away the hot air balloon ! I was amazed at how quickly overall this was done and how compact you can get a hot air balloon into one large bag.
Later at night, back at Palm Springs, we had a little picnic in which I drank a bottle of champagne and we all enjoyed cheese and fresh fruits. We also were presented with two HAVENFUN champagne glasses which I managed to get back to Canada in one piece and it is from those glasses that we shall drink from to celebrate the arrival of New Years 2013 ! We also got two commemorative flight certificates.
While we were having our picnic, Tom gave a brief informative history of hot air ballooning !
We had a portable computer back at our hotel and Kelli emailed us photos that she took of our balloon filght from beginning to end and they were excellent pictures.
After I requested, Kelli and Tom will send us a DVD of all the photos she took on for us this most memorable day.
So, if you are visiting Palm Springs, California, I would highly recommend HAVENFUN Hot Air Ballooning with Kelli and Tom. They will give you a wonderful day that you will never forget.

Julian Mazur

Visited December 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“High Flyin' 50th!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

There are no words to describe what a totally AWESOME adventure this was! We had such a great time with Kelli, Tom and Kurt. Kelli is an extremely skilled pilot. She and her crew are very knowledgeable and very professional - but still SO MUCH FUN. She explained everything and we felt totally comfortable and at ease. PLUS she somehow managed to help my husband plan this whole thing as a surprise for my 50th birthday - and boy was it a surprise! We had a beautiful morning for a flight - winds were perfect. The sunrise on the Santa Rosa Mountains was magical. Our flight was actually scheduled for a few days earlier, but the winds weren't right and Kelli called the night before to say that we couldn't fly. Kelli picked us up in a very comfortable van. She had water for us...she answered all our questions and told us what to expect - how to get in and out of the balloon, how to prepare for landing. The crew even let us help with the set up and then packing up at the end. We got to stand inside the balloon while it was being inflated. We loved hearing their story - their love for ballooning and how they got the business started and why it's so much fun for them. Lift off was amazing - it seemed like we weren't even moving, but that the ground was just falling further away. During the flight Kelli told us what were seeing - the crops, the landscape, history of the area. We were in the air almost an hour - most of it at 2300 feet - but it felt like 12 seconds - it went by so fast! Kelli nailed the landing right on the airport - not even a bump - I think she was more excited by that than we were - Kurt told her later that she hit the "X"!! We packed up and then we all went back to the pick up spot where we had a ceremonial toast and picnic. We were given flight certificates and a lovely souvenier......and we bought shirts. By the time we said goodbye it felt like we had made 3 new friends. We just got the link to the photos they took of our flight. It was very cool to see the balloon getting smaller and further away...and knowing that we were in the basket! I have already started recommending HAVNFUN to all my friends....and I can't wait to back to fly with them again!!

Visited October 2012
Toledo, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“FLOATING ON AIR!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't even know where and how to explain what an AWESOME experience I had with "Havnfun Hot Air Ballooning". From the 1st phone conversation with Kelli to the flight itself was easy, informative, exciting, surprising, and extremely memorable. When I first called to get information and prices Kelli was very informative as to what to expect and how the weather would dictate when we flew and was patient with all my questions. After talking to her and finding out how the wind and everything came into play I felt a lot more confident about the safety of the balloon ride. She was quick to followup with an email confirmation. She even gave us a reminder call the day before. The day of the flight was amazing, we were picked up in a very nice van and taken to the balloon along the way she told up what to expect and how we would get in and out of balloon and what to expect during flight and how we would be landing and answered all our questions. When we arrived at balloon we got to take pictures and she took pictures of us. Even inside the balloon itself while on ground that was "way cool". Then we got in and took off. It was just amazing! I never even felt us leave the ground. We got to see the mountains, desert, palm trees, crops, the Salton Sea in the distance, I can't even remember all that I saw it was just so cool floating along with the wind. At times we were just above the trees and other times we were up high. During the flight Tom, our pilot, was telling us what we were seeing and where we were headed. When we got ready to land he explained exactly what to expect and what to do. There is a few bumps but was really a very smooth landing compared to what I was afraid would happen. Everything Kelli had told us was exactly what happened. Total time in the air was about 50 mins. Seemed like it flew by (no pun intended LOL). After the flight we went back to our car and there they set up a very nice picnic of fresh fruit, pastries, and a nice champagne toast. We received a certificate commemorating the flight and a surprise gift that I will not ruin for you. They even offered souvenir shirts that we bought. And if this was not enough a few days after the flight I received an email with a free link to get all the pictures that were taken. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Havnfun to everyone and I will be back!

Visited October 2012