“Best Vietnamese in the Desert” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 104 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Vietnamese
La Quinta, California
“Best Vietnamese in the Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Okay, it might actually be the only Vietnamese restaurant in the Palm Springs area but it is excellent. The prices are good and the food is wonderful. Service is quick and efficient. Noisy enough to bring a baby/toddler but not so loud you can't hear each other across the table. BBQ pork rolls are fantastic as is the pho.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Place to Get a Delicious Meal & a Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our family of 4 was happy to return to this casual little restaurant even though it's just a corner strip mall place because the food is great and so is the service. As soon as you walk in you will be acknowledged and seated if there's a spot available.It's on the newer side, so no gross ripped tables or flooring, just clean and bright and a little cramped.I think it's fair to say we have a decent understanding of what constitutes good pho since we live in the Bay Area where there is access to tons of Vietnamese restaurants, and I really am surprised to see a few disappointed reviewers. Last week all of us ordered grilled pork over vermicelli which was fresh and delicious. The server had no problem accommodating my husband's request for fish sauce without chili flakes and was able to provide helpful answers to a few questions we had. Food came quickly. Son had a mango boba drink--yummy. Went back a few days later and 3 of us order the same stuff again since they liked it so much. I broke out of our #41 rut and had a tofu vegetable stir fry that had a delicate yet tasty flavor and was chock full of perfectly cooked veggies. I didn't expect to get so satisfied by a meatless entree. I will definitely order it again.Prices are reasonable. I really appreciate the way they wrap a paper napkin around the forks that they bring to your table if you need them so that the clean fork doesn't touch the table top. As an admitted germaphobe, I appreciate any little touch that prevents the spread of germs. We'll be back next time we're in town.

• Visited June 2013
La Quinta, California
“Not up to Par With Pho Places in LA and OC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Considering how near we are to Orange County and LA with access to the same ingredients, I was very disappointed with the pho here.Tasted faintly of dishwater. If you have never had really great pho, then it is ok, but give it a miss if you have a chance to have the real thing a couple of hours away. Go to Westminster in OC! NOW THERE IS SOME PHO. We have a very small Asian population here in the desert so most diners probably don't know how much better it should be.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Adventurous Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Fiance and I decided to be adventurous and go out and try something we have never tried before, and so we ended up at Pho Vu. It was a fun/different experience. Overall I think we both decided that Vietnamese food isn't our thing. Although I will say I like that everything was fresh tasting and the eggrolls are good! One thing I didn't like about the place though, is that when we came in we had our son (10mo.) and they seated us way in the corner away from everyone. But when anyone else walked in they would just tell them to take a seat anywhere. The restaurant is very casual, I don't know why they would make a big deal about where we sit with our baby. Other than that though the service was pretty good. I think it's definitely worth taking the time to come here and try it out.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“A good place for Pho in the Coachella Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch on a Thursday. The restaurant had a hlaf dozen tables with customers. Service was attentive and the kitchen got our order out quickly. One dish was a traditional pho (soup) and the ingedients were fresh and the broth had a clean, crisp taste. The small bowl was adequately sized. The second dish was the BBQ chicken salad--again the ingediwnts wrre fresh and the dish tasty.

We will definitely return here on our next trip to the desert.

• Visited April 2013