“Fabulous Food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lavender Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 106 Restaurants in La Quinta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Californian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Desert Club Drive
Description: Experience Lavender Bistro. At Lavender we combine the finest meats and seafood with the freshest organic ingredients to create unforgettable dishes. Dine indoors in a warm, cozy atmosphere or on our stunning tree-lined patio. Lavender Bistro also prides itself on providing superb live music daily to set a warm and friendly atmosphere for you and your guests. For every occasion, to change the ordinary into extraordinary, come join us at Lavender Bistro, "the best kept secret of La Quinta", for a memorable dining experience.
High River, Canada
“Fabulous Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Have been looking forward to my first 'Lavender' experience since a friend recommended it highly. First of all, the food is absolutely 'to die for'. Everyone at the table (4 of us) ordered different things, and the feeling was unanimous. GREAT! The atmosphere was quite special on the outside patio too, with the courtyard trees wrapped in sparkling white lights, and a nice gurgling fountain as well. Great entertainment from Bobby Allen who can play just about anything for you. A fun evening, soon to be repeated.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Jose, California
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Actally I had a converstation with "thewilsonman" before and after dinner. So I was prepared for a disappointment. The service was very good and we split a starter of crab cakes which we enjoyed. However the main course arrived almost immediately after we had finished our starter. It was dover sole. We compalined because it appeared to have been warmed up or reheated in a micro wave. The fish was too dry and I thought it was tilapia! My wife thought it was dover sole!
It was mediocre and my wife explained what was wrong, (I still think it was tilapia because dover sole is far more delicate). Anyway the waiter offered to do something, but we said we would eat it, because I was not going to change wines. We were offered a free dessert which we were satisfied with. Yes we will go again because several people we know in La Quinta area rate it highly and we did have a relaxing and pleasant evening. It was a change to see clientel who were approprately dressed for dinner.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The most pleasant surprise in dining in all of the valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Spent the most enchanting dinner under the twinkle lights and stars!
Who would have guessed this amazing gem could be nestled in La Quinta!
An amazing choice of food...prepared exactly as described, we literally ate every bite!
A perfect special occasion place!
Also...the inside bar area looks like a great happy hour destination!
Treat yourself to a beautiful night out with fabulous food and music played by Bob
Allen!
Kudos!

St. Bees, United Kingdom
“Disappointing second visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked through open table for 19.00 on Saturday evening. The place was clearly busy as the car park was packed. No one was on reception to greet us. A young waiter saw us and came over, however he did not really know what he was doing. The hostess then came over and took us to our table. We were seated on an elevated area next to a large party of ladies and a couple of other tables.
The food was good. Mussels for me and Dover sole for my wife after salad starters. The service was poor. The waiter who was in charge of the area was not at all interested in us; he never once enquired how our meal was. He was much more interested in the large party. Presumably he was looking to cement his gratuity? I ordered a cappuccino, poor watery coffee with frothy milk.....
The setting is wonderful and the food is good but a bistro should have an ambience of intimacy. Really Lavender does not have that. Customers need a level of attention to feel that they are a part of the experience and not just an income stream

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laguna Niguel, California
“Lovely upscale bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lavender Bistro is a lovely place tucked away from the busy streets. We were seated at the edge of the walled-in garden with white sparkling lights and excellent heaters. My husband really enjoyed the halibut special. I had mussels with a side of veggies and the nicely spiced Maryland Crab Cake (this is difficult to find in CA). I've got to mention that we arrived at 7:30 starving after a long day at a lacrosse tournament at the Empire Polo Grounds, wearing running shoes and sweatshirts. The hostess asked if we had a reservation--I said no. She said it would be a long wait and she could seat us at the bar. But just then a gentleman came up, said some people didn't show, and seated us in the garden. As we walked through the restaurant, there must have been 25 empty tables. Hmmm. Later on the way out, I was chatting with another hostess who asked if I'd seen their bar--it had an open canvas roof with crystal fire pits, which would have been equally lovely. Even though this is a "bistro, It's a very nice one, so wear your street shoes so you don't flummox the hostess.

• Visited January 2012