“THE WORST HOTEL YOU CAN STAY AT!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn

You added Budget Inn to your Saves list
Budget Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   15412 Francisquito Ave, La Puente, CA 91744 (Formerly Travelodge La Puente)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in La Puente
Concord, California
“THE WORST HOTEL YOU CAN STAY AT!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Me and my friend drove almost 7 hours from Concord CA because we were taking a trip to Universal Studios. Because this was a last minute kind of trip, I had my friend look for a hotel while we were driving to LA. I told him that we didn't need anything fancy because we wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel, only to sleep (bad choice on my part).

My friend found this hotel that I have never heard about but looked nice enough on the outside in the pictures that were available online called Budget Inn. Upon arrival, my friend and I walk to the counter to get our room key and was greeted by this young guy who seemed nice at first. Because it was only 4am in the morning we were told that we couldn't have the room key until eleven o clock. After such a long drive t last thing we wanted to do was hang out for 7 hours waiting on a bed.

We decide to just pay for an additional day so we could just go to the room and knock out for a few hours before our vacation actually began. Walking past other rooms to get to ours, I quickly began to second guess this decision to stay at this hotel. All the doors look as if the swat team went from room to room busting down doors looking for someone. Some of the doors were so bad that they didn't even close properly or all the way.

Upon entering the room this absolutely foul and disgusting smell hits both me and my friends nose and we freeze and look at each other. I said "are you sure you want to stay here" and he replied that it was already so late and we just needed to crash for a bit. At the bed we were greeted by two old, dirty yellow pillow cases that looked as if someone had fun and the cleaning crew just flipped the pillow over instead of cleaning and changing the pillow cases.

After pulling back the sheets, I jumped back in horror. It was as if a lady laid in the bed and shed all her hair in the sheets and then the good ol cleaning lady just pulled the covers over the sheets and made the bed. I was so disgusted at this point that I yanked the sheets off to find the most filthy, disgusting, old blood stained mattress.

My friend and I had seen enough and grabbed our things and RAN back to the counter to ask for our money back. This is where the "nice younger middle eastern guy" showed his true colors (rude pathological liar). I explained to him what happened and that I didn't feel comfortable sleeping in those rooms. I asked him how could they even charge people to sleep on beds that disgusting. He replied that all the beds were brand new..... So I busted out my phone and showed him pictures of his "brand new beds" he was just talking about and the story changed.

He continued on about how he had no idea the beds looked like that and he's sorry but they don't do refunds. The best he could do for me was switch me to another room "this room is much nicer, I used to live in it" the young man replied. I asked him how come he didn't offer us the "nicer room in the first place and he had no response. After going back and forth pleading to just get my money back because I would never sleep in that hotel for about a half hour, I was furious and wanted to talk to the owner.

The young man went from telling me that he was the owner, then the owner was out of the country and he had no phone he could be reached on (is it just me or is it odd that the owner of a reasonable sized hotel has no way of being contacted and has left this pathological liar to run his whole business), I wasn't buying it. After threating to call the police and put the pictures I took on here for everyone to see, he magically found the owner in the back.

I was so happy because it was now 5am in the morning and I just wanted my money back so I could go look for another hotel and get some rest. The owner who is an older middle eastern guy asked me what was the problem. Not even a minute into the conversation, the screaming, cussing and spitting came flying out of this mans mouth (I guess he didn't like to hear that he is in serious health violations for renting rooms that disgusting and filthy).

I had to call the people online where I got the room from to ask him to refund my money because he refused and told me to get the "F" off his property and never show my face again. He also used the "N" word about a million times throughout all the screaming, telling me that his rooms weren't dirty but it was me, I was a dirty "N*****). At this point I am so livid I am almost in tears and really just want to just through the glass and knock some sense into this racist guy.

The poor online rep that I had call the hotel manager also got screamed at and called all kinds of names as well, like idiot, dummy, stupid and a few other choice words that I don't want to write on here. The online lady gave up being verbally abused and hung up on him and called me back. Two hours later she was so upset that she just authorized the refund herself and even gave me a list of people to call to file complaints on him and his filthy establishment,

I really want to take a second to apologize for this review being so long, I honestly am and have never did one like this either. I just really want to stress to EVERYONE that looks at this hotel to possibly stay at to RUN FOR YOUR LIVES. I would give is review a negative group of stars if I could. This was by far the worst experience, the most disrespected I have ever been in my entire life. I am still filing against the manager and the way I was treated and racially discriminated against. As well as filing a complaint with the health department and the BBB.

Please do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on a better room. Anything is better then this, I promise. There is a good chance you catch something by being in the room. Nothing is clean and was just made to look like it was. I will attach the only pictures I was able to get before the owner kicked me out. Hope you all understand and take my advice, Have a great day !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sun City West, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Reserved a handicap accessible room with two queen beds, and when we arrived to check in they told us the only handicap accessible rooms they had only had one bed and were upstairs (and they don't have an elevator!). Settled for a first floor room which had no towels, threadbare sheets that barely covered the mattresses and not only no TP, but not even a TP holder in the bathroom. Never ever use this motel!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these La Puente hotels

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The customer service this Budget Inn provides is exceptional. Not sure what management the negative reviewers dealt with, but the management I encountered was an Indian family, and they did a great job at customer satisfaction.
After a long flight from the East Coast to La Puente, I was greeted cordially by the lady manager who gave me very helpful pointers on where I can get what in the area. We had an enjoyable conversation,
On the second day, I checked out and needed a place to store my baggage for a long time. I asked for storage service, and even though they didn't offer it, they allowed me to keep the baggage in their office. I told them I'll keep the baggage till 5pm.
At 5pm, due to unforeseen circumstances, I needed to extend storage to 7pm. I was embarrassed to ask for an extension because they were already doing me a big favor by agreeing to let me use their office as storage space. To my surprise, they granted me the extension. Throughout the course of my interactions with the management, the managers were courtesy, friendly and empathetic. I highly recommend this Budget Inn because there aren't many lodging options out there that can offer equally great prices and customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am a regular customer here and believe me, this is the best place to stay if you want to be peaceful that too for a low price. The staff is good,service is ok , rooms are the best. They also have a complementary breakfast which is good too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

i bought what was behind door number 3 i got the donkey!!!!the place is clean as a whistle.the outside is a mirage beautiful landscaping.the phone does not work,it rings but you can't answer back.the internet is a ghost just when you think you got your site you wanted it disapears!!!!the TV is a serious problem for some reason they have spent a lot of money for a flat screen tv but failed to FINE tune it.as soon as you are watching a tv show you like it blocks your channel and its lost.the parking is serious slim but not as bad as New York City.the parking is just right for an economy car nothing too much more.there is no turn around and the canopy is deceiving it is high but no place to park a vehicle this high.pizza hut and burger king are next door and yes city bus stops near by

Room Tip: all rooms are the same nothing really to share.there are NO Elevators i strongly urge asking for a g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stardust Motel
Stardust Motel
#1 of 4 in Azusa
4.0 of 5 stars 47 reviews

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!