“The Manager saved the day....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in La Puente
Phoenix, Arizona
“The Manager saved the day....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Here on my last night of a 3 night business trip, ultimately very happy I chose this hotel over the one recommended by my company. The first night here, my TV didn't work and they couldn't fix it until the next day because maintenance had gone home for the day. When I came in on day 2, I went to the desk and asked about it, and they assured me it had been fixxed...well, it wasn't. I don't have a TV at home (a lifestyle choice) so I will admit that when I stay in a hotel, I enjoy watching some. Well, I went to the desk expecting to hear that no maintenance was available since it was once again, early evening. But this time, the Manager - a very professional and friendly lady named Maria - said if I didn't mind moving my room, she'd give me the only one left. The 2 room suite. I am alone on this trip, so I'm not even using the second room - but it was kind of her to accomodate me because in doing so I imagine she gave up some revenue. Naturally things still didn't go so well in the "move". Some of it was issues with the card "keys" and some of it my own stupidity, but ultimately I had my TV.

OK, so now about this place. It's a very pleasant business hotel with nice furnishings and a VERY comfortable bed. I like a softer bed and this one was perfect. The room is spotless. There is a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, etc. The morning breakfast is typical hotel fare, but it's hot and fresh. They must have recently put in the universal weight machine that one reviewer wished was here back in March of this year, so perhaps they reacted to that comment. If so, they did so quickly. There isn't much in the area for dining, but that's not their fault and the City of Industry and Azusa are close by with better choices for a short drive.

So one final comment. I came in the room tonite - again, my third and last night here. I found 2 bottles of complementary water, a roll of "lifesavers" candy and a nice note from Maria saying thanks for my patience. I feel that I should have given HER the "lifesavers" as that in essence is what she did for me. Thanks, Maria.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Spokane, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We recently stayed here for 1 night I would like to say how kind and helpful the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The rate was reasonable. The fitness center was well-equipped with cardio machines; however, a universal weight machine would've made it perfect. .We're in the middle of a stay and already I can say that this is a great stay for the money. It's quiet and very clean, the rooms are spacious with a microwave and refrigerator, and the breakfast is very delicious (eggs, bacon, waffles, etc.). We also appreciated that the A/C unit could be set by degrees and was relatively quiet. We would definitely stay here again, also because of the good location.We didn't use the swimming pool so can't comment on it bt i hope it would've been great too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room I had was a good size and very comfortable and clean. It was a quick over nighter for me but I enjoyed my stay and the breakfast had plenty to choose from. The location was perfect for a visit to a customer in the city of industry.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Newer hotel in La Puente. Rooms are very nice and spacious. Rates are reasonable. Hot breakfast from 6:30-9:30 am (eggs, sausage, toast, waffles, etc). Rooms have work desk, flat screen plasmas. Beds are very comfortable.

Some parking on the road out front for larger vehicles, but most parking is inside the walled off garage- seems safe. (10 ft height limit going in).

Stayed one night and called down to extend for another night- liked it so much.

Pretty easy off the 60 (Hacienda drive)

Will stay again. No problem. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family and I were out to see the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena, CA. We stayed 12/31-1/2. The hotel was relatively quiet given that it was New Year's Eve. I could hear the traffic outside from time to time, but I expect this from any city hotel. Liquor/Convenience store located across the street. It was a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I travel to work in the West Covina schools several times a year. I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years and have always found it very clean, very comfortable, and quite safe. Staff is friendly and helpful. I wish the rooms weren't quite so expensive, but they are exceptionally clean and SMOKE FREE!

I'd like to offer a tip for people who like to swim or work out. Although it is a bit of a drive, there is an awesome facility fairly close to this hotel. The San Dimas Swim & Racquet Club is like your own mini health club! They offer walk-in rates for Lap Swimming, Aerobics, Racquetball, and Weight Room. There is also a steam and sauna which really helps after a long day. Oh, and their are lockers, showers, etc. that are nice and clean. It is located at 990 W. Covina Blvd. San Dimas, CA 91773

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side (which is the off-street side) are a bit quieter, but I've never had any...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is in an older neighborhood. It is a newer building with great furnishings. We stayed 1 night and it was modestly priced. No pool, but a decent breakfast. Surprisingly, the noise level from the street was minimal. Our room was next to the lobby, and couldn't hear anything from there, either. It is near a grocery store and not hard to find. There was a small fridge and small microwave in the room. The ice machine was empty, and they could not provide us any. So, that is the only negative issue with this stay. Parking did feel secure. Definitely great for a 1 or 2 night trip. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center? Share your experiences!