“Absurd” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in La Mesa
Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico
“Absurd”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is really hit and miss.

There have been times sheets were unwashed.

Other times housekeeping has cleaned the room and taken the soap and shampoo without replacing it.

However, I recognize that this is an affordable hotel and things do happen.

Recently though, there was the last straw.

I was in the hotel last weekend because I was in town due to the death of a friend. I needed to leave on Sunday, but my boyfriend decided to stay another day. He checked with the front desk who was told extending his stay would be fine and that he could leave everything as is.

When he arrived back later all of his stuff (water in the fridge, toothbrush, toothpaste, cell phone charger, etc.) had been thrown away. They luckily did not throw away his laptop.

Absurd.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel was very clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is in a decent, not great area you have to drive to food and anything else you may want. For $50 bucks it's clean. The biggest negative I have is there was no phone in our room which seems as though it would be unsafe in the event of an emergency and it is need desperately of new mattresses.

Room Tip: It has no swimming pool and no restaurant!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Fort Drum, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

On a cross country trip I have stayed at different motels chains and this was the worst by far! The reason for staying here was it is located close to family. I will drive out of my way next time.

The room looked freshly painted with some newer furniture, but the bathroom and floors were filthy. I found someone else's hairs throughout the room, sheets, and bathroom.

There was supposed to be a coffee maker, but wasn't. When I asked the man at the front desk he said he would have the maid's put one in our room. When we arrived back that evening, no coffee maker! So I asked the woman at the front desk (who acted like she was on drugs), she originally said good luck and acted like I was asking for her to perform an act of god. She tried giving me the excuse that there may be one out of ten rooms with one. So I said well couldn't someone check please? Then she started going on a sob story how people steal them etc... (That is not my fault) Finally a coffee maker was brought to the room. Nothing else. Just the coffee maker. Fortunately I brought my own coffee, cups, and creamer.

Then there is the internet issue. Zero wifi available even though they advertise. Nonce again some sob story and no apologies.

The "breakfast" they offer is only donuts from down the street and coffee. Everyday...same thing.

The whole stay we used the do not disturb sign to prevent maids from coming in. We have 2 kids and do not expect anyone to clean up after them and we leave their toys, tablets, DVD players etc...left out and want the security of nobody entering without us there. Well, they did anyway. Nothing was stolen, but I felt invaded since we had not planned on it.

We will never stay here again or reccommend it to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The sign says under NEW management.
The parking lot looks like it's been hit with motor shells.
The sign on the door says stay in you spot, all will be full this weekend, but the spots are door to door, door dings WIIL happen.

I asked for a weekly rate and she laughed and said they don't do that.

I asked to their rooms, she laughed and said, "oh, one of those".

The rooms were all being repainted and looked good, but when zi asked why no desk chair she said it will happen, just wait.

I didn't stay there, better rooms at better prices close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The property is under renovations so some things were recently painted. Got to our room and there was two different types of paint (satin and flat) on the walls like they were trying to decide on color/finish. Oh well I thought. Next I need to get on my computer to research something - THE INTERNET IS NOT WORKING! Go to the front desk and she said that it won't be working all weekend. Um, would have been nice to have this explained when I checked in. Not having the internet was a HUGE inconvenience!!!!

Room was okay and clean but the pillows were terrible. Later in the evening we wanted to watch a favorite show on CBS and the channel kept cutting out. It would also be nice to have screens on the windows as I like to sleep with the window open to take advantage of the breeze. The room got stuffy at night.

On the plus side, the location was convenient for us and the water was hot.

Escalante, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The picktureon the web and the real deal are a little different. But new owners and managers are working hard to improve. The two rooms for 3 nights were good. They are working to make this property meet the Choice Hotel Standards and they met my criteria - clean bathrooms and working fixtures. A good Bed and pillow and a quiet (after 10PM) building.

Room Tip: Managers want to be helpful. Explain your needs and they are itching to help!
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The room was okay, but nothing special. The room was clean. We had four occupants, but they only gave us 3 towels. I had to go back and ask for the fourth towel. I also asked for an additional pillow for my wife because the standard pillows were so flat. They weren't able to give me an extra pillow. We stayed two nights.

I was told on the phone, prior to our arrival, and at check-in that a continental breakfast of donuts, juice and coffee would be available from 6-9:00 a.m. There was nothing either day, even though I got there at 7:15. As near as I could tell, the parking lot had about five to eight cars in it.

A maid came the first morning, but we told her we weren't quite ready. When we returned a little after 4:00, the maid had never returned to replace dirty towels or empty the garbage.

I spoke to the desk clerk face-to-face when we were about to check out about these problems, and asked for a discount because we hadn't been given what we had paid for. He took my cell number, and promised to have the manager call when he got in at 9:30 a.m. That was Saturday. Today is Monday, and I am still waiting for someone to call.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!