“Fantastic Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa

You added Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Parkway Dr., La Mesa, CA 91942 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in La Mesa
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the best personnel, especially Andre Gonzalez. He always greeted me with a smile and helped me with a reservation issue. I had several questions about San Diego and he was extremely helpful. He is the "face" of Holiday Inns and a great ambassador !!

• Stayed September 2013
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I will make sure I pass on your praise to Andre.

Hope to see you soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

When I first walked into the lobby and saw Andre's beaming face, I knew a long, tiring day would end well. Two nights ago both our bathtubs backed up and it's promising to be a long ordeal while two plumbers try to find the source of the problem. I couldn't face another day without a shower. Luckily, Holiday Inn La Mesa is right up the street from us and is very reasonable. Andre got us into a clean, spacious room in no time. Saved from our disaster. Thanks, Andre!

Room Tip: Third floor at the end is very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! It makes me so happy to hear that our team, especially Andre, were able to go above and beyond to make your stay perfect.

Hope your next visit with us will be for a stay-cation rather than plumbing emergency!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Clean hotel with close proximity to good food. They definitely cater to parents of college students. We were greeted with sangria and fried cheese sticks. Only complaint is our room was noisy. AC was noisy and we were located right next to the ice machine. Room 232 beware.

• Stayed August 2013
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are located perfectly for visiting parents for all the local universities.

I have sent a work order over to our head engineer to go replace the a/c unit in that room.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you on your next trip to San Diego.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have visited this hotel on several occasions and found that it is the best hotel if you want to have a wonderful stay. Andre at the front desk was extremely helpful with every concern and need that presented itself. I recommend that everyone have the same pleasures as we did at least once in a life time. Love this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Andre is a true pleasure to have working for us and is a great asset to our team. I am so glad to see that he, and the rest of the team, were able to accommodate you so well.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 nights while on vacation. We were looking for a hotel that didn't charge $30 a night for parking, like all the hotels do downtown. Here, the parking was free. The spaces, as others have mentioned, were on the small side, but I just parked at the end of a row where there was more space.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

The location was okay. There were several options for food. Most of our activies were located closer to downtown, but the drive really wasn't that bad. Maybe 15-20 minutes to downtown.

The room was updated and clean. Very spacious too. We tried room service three times. Unfortunately, they messed up our order all three times. Missed an item two times, and gave us the wrong item another time. They were nice and apologetic about it, but it did get a little frustrating by the third time.

The pool, as others mentioned, was small. But there was only a couple children in it when we went so it wasn't really an issue.

We had a baseball team in the room next to us, and they were making a lot of noise at night, to the point where the floors, walls, and bed were shaking. We complained, and the security dealt with it right away, and told them if they get another complaint, they'd be out. So that was appreciated.

We wouldn't hesitate in coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you faced while you were here but I am glad to hear that our team was able to fix them right away for you.

I have passed this review over to my F&B manager to make sure that we are improving in this area and make sure this does not happen again.

Hope to see you on your next visit to San Diego.

Bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hotel is a nice, clean building with large rooms. On-site bar / grill gives you an option of not going out and drink / food pretty good. Location is good for travelling around the area but it is not in San Diego. Quite a few shops, bars, restaurants etc in the area and would recommend BJs brewhouse and restaurant, a few blocks down the road. Hotel staff really helpful and friendly. There is an outdoor pool, but really small and tucked away in a far corner, not particularly alluring. Real negative was the service at breakfast - friendly but very slow, 45 minutes to get served and eat breakfast, not acceptable. Hotel did listen to compalint and they said that they had recently had someone leave, but even so. Food when it came was fine. On balance would probably stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the slow service at breakfast. I have foward your comments to Robert, F&B Director, to make sure we are improving in this department.

I am glad to see that you did enjoy the rest of your stay. Hope to see you again on your next visit to San Diego.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thanks to this hotels wonderful staff, I have found my new favorite hotel to stay when I visit San Diego. This staff went above and beyond to make my stay perfect; and even when they had their elevator break one day, they gave out free food and drink in the lobby the next day just to say sorry but also to celebrate that the elevator was working again! Cant wait until my next visit to San Diego so I can see the awesome staff again!

Room Tip: Close to SDSU, any room is nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg W, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your awesome review! I am so glad to hear that we were able to accomodate all of your needs while you were here with us.

See you next time!

Hotel Manager

Been to Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa? Share your experiences!