“3 outta 3 aint bad!” 5 of 5 stars

Transit: Metro Bus 1.
Tucson
“3 outta 3 aint bad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I try to hit Haritna anytime I'm the area. This time I had a 3 day business trip from Lemon Grove all the way up to Escondido and I managed to eat there all three days! Day 1 (Wed): I showed up at 9PM when I was arriving into town and I had a delicious Beef shawerma sandwich and a little baklava for desert. A very funny comedian was concluding her act as I finished up my meal. Day 2 (Thurs): I had a half-Chicken (Their specialty). I could only eat about half of it and I was full and content. I did save up a little bit of room to have a little bit of Baklava again. A very talented Jazz band was playing that night and they were terrific! I may have filled up a little bit too much on their incredible baked bread but it was worth it! Day 3 (Friday): I tried the Gyro for the first time there and really enjoyed it. It wasn't too greasy like a lot of gyro meat I've tried in the past. Because it was in between lunch and dinner, there wasn't any entertainment yet. I skipped on dessert since I had a long drive back home to Arizona. I want to thank everyone at Haritna. Chantal, V, Vienna and Amira and of course.. Yousef! You always make me feel like "family!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alpine, California
“good food...cheap price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

lets start by saying that I have never ordered off the menu here. For whatever reason we always seem to be in this area on a sunday and on sunday (friday's too) they have a little buffet and its great. The buffet is around $10 and there is a nice selection of food and bread. They have a small patio and there were some old middleeastern dudes smoking a hooka, but I'm not sure how that works, you'll have to ask. They have belly dancing on saturday nights and the notes said they have various live music events during the week. My wife ordered some hummus to go and when we tried it, it was tasty and delicious. Give this place a try its small....its cheap.....its great!

Visited September 2012
Tucson
“The REAL deal- If you want authentic and great service.. Go to Haritna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Last Sunday evening I was searching for a place in the La Mesa area to get a bite to eat. With some help from Siri on my iPhone, I found Haritna. Ericka was my server and provided me with excellent service that was beyond my expectations. As recommended by Ericka, I had the Vegetarian platter which had a little of everything. The Falafel was probably the best I've ever had. They serve homemade and hot fresh bread that was excellent! It was so good, I returned on Tuesday evening and Amira was my server. She went above and beyond to provide me with excellent service with a smile as well! The chicken kabab melted in my mouth. Simply delicious! I met Yusuf and told him how much I enjoyed his restaurant. He had Amira send me over a desert on the house called Knafeh. Knafeh is a Palestinian sweet. I only had a little bit because I was so full. What an awesome find this restaurant is!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“What's the bUZZ on Haritna?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

COMMENTS FROM bUZZ LADIES

"Great food. Quantity was large."

"Everything was excellent."

"Eggplant/Zucchini - Excellent"

"House specialty - 1/2 chicken excellent. One of my favorite places."

"Great food and service. Love this place."

"Food well prepared. Excellent presentation of Mediterranean food."
bUZZ RATING (1 to 4)

Quality of Service 4

Value 4

Overall Taste 4

Likelihood to Return 4
Audra's thoughts

Did you notice that in the comments from the rest of us the word "excellent" was used 4 times? There's a reason for that. It's the perfect word to describe every aspect of this little neighborhood restaurant that serves "traditional, healthy, hometown, authentic Middle Eastern cuisine." Haritna is located on the busy street of El Cajon Blvd in La Mesa and I would say it's an easy miss BUT don't miss the chance to try this place. You will be blown away by the level of service and quality of food. They have described on the website that when you walk in it's like being invited into someone's home and it really is. They even have a couch area with a table to play chess on. I really hope that people take advantage of this relaxing venue. Perhaps snacking on some of the exquisite tapas choices while enjoying the Hooka outside on their patio.

A couple of us took advantage of the 5 tapas for $10 at happy hour time. How in the world can you beat that? We sampled the Hummus, Yogurt, Falafel plate, and Tabouleh. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Tabouleh in the first place, so I truly can't comment on that dish, but everything else was, dare I say, excellent. After the Tapas, we were absolutely stuffed and couldn't order a main enteree. That's fine by me. I don't need another reason to come back to this family run restaurant, but I sure do have an excuse now!

Click here for full review and pics. http://www.thebuzzladies.com/blog/entry/haritna

Visited March 2012
Palm Springs, CA
“What a pleasant surprise!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were staying nearby and looking for any halfway decent restaurant when we came across Haritna. It was spartan in decoration and has a lovely outdoor patio. We wanted to sit outside thought it was getting a bit chilly -- they kindly turned on the heaters and it was great. There were also a few people smoking from hookahs but let it be known that the smoke was very minimal and there was no odor at all. And we were sitting rather close to the smoker.

The wait staff was very attentive, bringing appetizers and beers. The menu is not large, but more than satisfactory. We could easily have chosen 5 or 6 of the entrees and been very happy. My friend had the roast chicken and I had shish kebabs. They were both delicious, with HUGE plates. We couldn't finish it all. Even more amazing was the price -- the dinners ran between 8 and 10 dollars, and the entire meal with appetizer, drinks and main course was less than 30 dollars. When was the last time THAT happened at a nice restaurant? You can almost pay that for fast food nowadays, and this was home cooked style!

We really think it's a find that ought to be found! We don't have any relationship whatsoever to the restaurant, but if you are in La Mesa, it's not far. If you are in San Diego, it's worth the 15 minute ride -- it won't be longer than that. Enjoy some fun, interesting, healthy mediterranean food!

• Visited September 2011