“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in La Mesa
Peralta
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I spent a week at this motel and was treated like a king! I have enjoyed seeing the employees that really like the owner and were happy to be working for them.I can understand why because the owner made everyone appreciated and feel like family.The motel is well maintained and clean.It was quiet at night.When I return to the San Diego area I will plan to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. The location is pretty good. The people that work here are great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was amazed by the quality level of this hotel and of the room. The staff was also very helpful and friendly although it took them a bit long to find my reservation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clarita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

You feel like people here really care about the property and you as their guest. Nicest people, very clean, great value. Do not hesitate to make a reservation here. I have stayed here at least 5 times for a week at a time. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

When I first came into my room (a double queen), I was surprised It looks so clean and modern! There was also a basket filled with the usual necessities plus a nasal opener for the snorers. The beds were also quite comfortable. The location is just 10 minutes away from SeaWorld and the San Diego coast. Unfortunately for me, I visited San Diego when it rained. The front desk staff was also quite helpful and friendly. But the best thing of all the best things about this hotel is the value. The biggest bang for the buck value I have seen so far. Highly recommended motel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked this place last minute without shopping around and was surprised what a great place this is. The staff was friendly, and the room had everything a traveler could need: small fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. All in a super clean and updated environment. Not your typical motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Super8SanDiego, General Manager at Super 8 San Diego Area / La Mesa, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Allow me to thank you for your kind words about our hotel they are greatly appreciated. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of every guest and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again on your next visit to San Diego!
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I couldn't have been more pleased with this property! I chose it based on Trip Advisor reviews, when I had to be in La Mesa for my twin brother's wedding. The hotel was easy to find, and within 5 minutes of where I needed to be. There was ample parking. The room was clean and convenient, complete with a fridge and microwave. Breakfast in the morning was great--little pastries, yogurt, coffee, and juice.

This hotel is family operated, and you can tell. From the moment I checked in, they were so friendly to my mother and I. They carried our bags to our room, even though it wasn't too terribly far. They gave us traffic and directions advice, and did everything they could to make our stay positive. We just loved them!

Due to some last minute family issues, we had to change our itinerary to leave a day early than we had reserved. I had gotten a reduced rate by pre-paying, with a condition that there would be no refund for an early departure. When we checked out early, I assumed I would be charged the full amount, as that is what I agreed to. What an amazing surprise that the owner himself comp'ed the third night and did not charge me! I couldn't believe it! What a great business!!

I will definitely choose this establishment each time I visit my brother and his wife from now on :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for allowing us to serve you on your recent trip to San Diego/ La Mesa. I am truly excited that you will return to visit us when you return to San Diego. It was my pleasure to help with your luggage, it is all part of the service we attempt to provide our wonderful guests. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Diego!

Been to Super 8 San Diego Area / La Mesa? Share your experiences!