“Good choice for simple lunch.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #290 of 1,072 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Tulsa, OK
“Good choice for simple lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Squires is a deli with made to order sandwiches (choose your bread, meat, spread, garnish, etc). In addition to the deli meats, there is also fresh tuna salad, chicken salad, potatoe salad, etc. Good variety and the staff is accomodating.

Visited May 2012

NC
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was excited to see a local coffee shop in town during my stay to cut down on my trips to the dreaded starbucks. Alas, coffee is served in disposable cups even the "for here" orders. The bagel was okay and served on disposable plate. The apple dumplings are quite good, but I won't be back.

Visited November 2011
San Diego
“Ripping off tourists Left & Right!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

When we were waiting to ring out I heard the woman ahead of us repeat the price. The older man at the register said- you have two expresso shots, as if he was clarifying the price. She rolled her eyes and paid. I did not think anything of it until we rang out and he told us our $3 vanilla latte was $4.50. My husband corrected him and he said, "No a dollar for tax". My husband pointed to the sign... $3 for a latte. He said Starbucks was up the street, he wasn't an attorney, he would give us a refund and waived us away. I already had the drink and gave him the drink and the credit card for a refund... he said- no he would be charged $0.50 for a refund and now he would not do it. "go to Starbucks next time" . I think this guy relies on tourists who are carefree or unfamiliar and overcharges them! Then to top it off- the latte was SUGARFREE- Ick!

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SE Connecticut
“Nice, convenient in La Jolla Shores”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

As with many things in the La Jolla area, Squires has a style and atmosphere that is more European than American. As it's name states, it is a deli and small cafe, with a menu of varied and interesting sandwiches. The bakery items appeared to be pre-packaged, so not quite as interesting and appealing as the other food. A few tables, including a few for solos, in a simple, but nice setting with a set of bookshelves with a variety of reading material.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere