I traveled to this hotel with my husband, my 3 year old & my 4 month old. The only things I needed in a hotel were a pool, a fridge, and a two room suite so that my kids wouldn't wake each other up during the night.
This is an old hotel with a decent renovation. The rooms were clean and looked nice especially for the class of hotel. The pool area was great and we enjoyed it alot.
My issue with this hotel is that I booked it months in advance off there website. I even called to confirm that two rooms really meant two rooms. Here is what the room description is for the room type I booked.
2 ROOM SUITE 1 QUEEN BED NONSMOKING - 4 PERSON(S) MAX PER ROOM
NEWLY RENOVATED ROOM INCLUDES SOFA SLEEPER WITH WIRELESS INTERNET FREE HBO AND EXTENDED CABLE KITCHEN MICROWAVE REFRIGERATOR WALK IN SHOWER
We arrived late to a room that was very small, and did not have two rooms (was unable to take a picture of this room, but four steps from my husband covered it from end to end and we had to walk sideways between the bed & TV armoire). I went to the front desk and of course they don't have any rooms that night (not surprising on Labor Day weekend). The night manager says we will move you tomorrow. The next morning I spoke to the day manager (Juan Curtis) who informed me that the room I was in had the correct number of beds that the description said (a queen & sleeper sofa) so I was in the correct type of room for what I booked. After going around with him about what two rooms meant & that I had called to confirm the room type and the issue with my kids he agreed reluctantly (and after 15 minutes) to move me to a true two room suite. It took until 4:30 that afternoon for the room to be ready.
The second room was delightful. It had plenty of room for me to walk my baby to sleep and for my son to play on the floor. Most importantly, it was two rooms. The rest of our stay was very nice. So be careful booking your room. Also, the AC did not cool both rooms so it was warm, but not unbearable.
The breakfast fas standard buffet breakfast, nothing to get excited about.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express La Jolla Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Holiday Inn La Jolla
- La Jolla Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® La Jolla hotel, boasts an enviable locale in Southern California. Guests of the hotel can expect unmatched customer service to compliment the convenient location. Minutes from downtown La Jolla, the hotel's property is just two blocks from the beach and close to popular San Diego attractions.The hotel's guests enjoy visiting the area's beautiful beaches, including Wind-n-Sea Beach and Pacific Beach. Recreational activities abound in La Jolla Cove, known for exciting diving, snorkeling, swimming and kayaking. The hotel's location in the San Diego area makes attractions such as SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo easily accessible.Perfectly suited for business and leisure, the hotel's amenities include free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a 24-hour Business Center. Guests appreciate being close to area businesses, including Qualcom and Scripps Hospital, as well as UC San Diego. The nearby Torrey Pines Golf Course is perfect for a round of golf with clients.Among hotels in the San Diego area, this La Jolla accommodation provides superior amenities for guests. Start your day off right at the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls and 100% Arabica bean coffee. The outdoor pool is a great place to enjoy the California weather, and a Jacuzzi is perfect for relaxing. Plan your next Southern California vacation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.