Overall: convenient hotel, almost motel like, for its price.
Location: The hotel is situated south of downtown La Jolla. It is quite far from downtown, walking down La Jolla Blvd would take at least 30 minutes, but it's a 5 minute drive.
Rooms: I was first given a room on the first floor in front of the ice machine. It was freezing cold (march) and noisy, plus it was quite dark and moist. If you visit, make sure you avoid this room. After a few nights and complaints, I was changed to a nicer room by the swimming pool, which was quite nice. The room was clean when I moved in, though the cleaning ladies do much in terms of cleaning for the days I was in the room.
Breakfast: Breakfast is quite complete, with many options from fruit to bagels and warm stuff, like eggs and bacon.
Staff: Breakfast staff was very nice plus one of the staff at the reception. I was also treated quite badly by someone at the reception. Hope you have better luck!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express La Jolla Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Holiday Inn La Jolla
- La Jolla Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® La Jolla hotel, boasts an enviable locale in Southern California. Guests of the hotel can expect unmatched customer service to compliment the convenient location. Minutes from downtown La Jolla, the hotel's property is just two blocks from the beach and close to popular San Diego attractions.The hotel's guests enjoy visiting the area's beautiful beaches, including Wind-n-Sea Beach and Pacific Beach. Recreational activities abound in La Jolla Cove, known for exciting diving, snorkeling, swimming and kayaking. The hotel's location in the San Diego area makes attractions such as SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo easily accessible.Perfectly suited for business and leisure, the hotel's amenities include free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a 24-hour Business Center. Guests appreciate being close to area businesses, including Qualcom and Scripps Hospital, as well as UC San Diego. The nearby Torrey Pines Golf Course is perfect for a round of golf with clients.Among hotels in the San Diego area, this La Jolla accommodation provides superior amenities for guests. Start your day off right at the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls and 100% Arabica bean coffee. The outdoor pool is a great place to enjoy the California weather, and a Jacuzzi is perfect for relaxing. Plan your next Southern California vacation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.