“Spring Break Get Away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
“Spring Break Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first visit to California as a family and I looked at multiple places before choosing the Residence Inn. I am very happy with my selection. It truly was home away from home, with the full kitchen and multiple bedrooms and bathrooms it worked out great. It felt so much more relaxing then a hotel just because we weren't so confined in a tiny room. It was clean, the grounds were beautiful, and my daughter couldn't get enough of the heated pool. The beds were super comfortable and I slept very good while I was there. I know there were some negative reviews about having to pay for parking but the way I looked at the cost was a savings because of their very broad selection of breakfast items we could have spent way more else where for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner suites on the east side were large and had the morning sun. Second level rooms have so much...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Morgan S, Guest Care Supervisor at Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello SAK0313, thank you very much for putting forth the effort in writing a review about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that your family enjoyed their time in La Jolla and part of that was attributed to how well-situated and convenient our hotel was for you. The numerous amenities, which you described, add great value to our guests overall experience. We all appreciate the time you took writing this review and I’m sure future travelers to the area do as well. Thank you again and hope you have a great day!

Guest Care Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Travel to San Diego extensively on business and would not stay anywhere else.Staff is excellent, very friendly and accomadating. Grounds and facility are well maintained.Great location. Home away from home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello Bru_OS_MS, I hope this message finds you well. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We value and appreciate your continued loyalty and patronage. Our success is greatly attributed to having a phenomenal staff that is always going the extra mile for our guests and taking a sincere interest in them. Again I want to thank you for the fantastic review and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Hope you have a great and wonderful day!

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The residence inns are great hotels. They offer spacious rooms with kitchen amenities. The morning buffet breakfast is also quite wholesome. The Residence inn is close to a great shopping centre. By chance I locked the bathroom and the maintenance man was available to rectify the problem

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Morgan S, Guest Care Supervisor at Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello anirmukerji thank you for recent stay with us and taking time to write a review of our hotel. You seem to be well traveled and know your Residence Inns, which is why you choose to stay at them. All the amenities you receive are great perks with our hotel compared to our competitors, in addition to that you get Marriott branded service. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for coming here to TripAdvisor to share your great review of our hotel.

Temecula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here last year and returned again this year for our mini La Jolla vackay. Gotta say, the Residence Inn did it again. Great job! Place is clean, morning breakfast is hot and a great selection and the staff is so friendly and helpful. Hope to see you next year.

Room Tip: For our family of five, we love the suite with the loft option, two beds downstairs and a bedroom up...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello GobClan I hope this message finds you well. Thank you so much for coming onto TripAdvisor, again, to write a review of your hotel stay. The hotel and I are very pleased to read that you had two positive and enjoyable experiences with us. A lot of our hotel guests are business travelers but we are a perfect fit for families like yours, especially with our Penthouse suite accommodations. Last time you celebrated your birthday with us hopefully we’ll have you again for another celebration. Again I speak for the entire hotel and we all very much appreciate your time and effort put into writing a review of our hotel. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one month on this residence inn.
They have free breakfast and free dinner on mondays, tuesdays and wednesday.
The breakfast was very good, a lot of options. I stayed one month and rarely the food was cold. They renew the food all the time, even 15 minutes before the end of the breakfast.
They have shuttle service on weekdays, with this you can go to UTC mall, UCSD campus, LaJolla downtown, Birch Aquarium...it is very good!!! All the staff are excellent! Jonathan from the front desk helped me a lot in my first day in UCSD, he helped me finding the right building, asked for information, I really appreciate that!! I think the hotel could extend the shuttle service for the weekends too...
The cleaning service could be a little better, and saw some dust on the furniture, but the kitchen and the bathroom was ok.
I would definitely come back to La Jolla and to marriot residence inn!!

• Stayed February 2013
Morgan S, Guest Care Supervisor at Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Good Evening to you Vanessa_SP_Brazil I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for going on to your TripAdvisor App, which makes it so convenient, to write about your recent stay with us. You’ve really done us a great deed by doing so, because the TripAdvisor community can read about how fantastic our hotel is. Among the praises you specifically pointed out how wonderful of an asset our guest service agent, Johnathan, was to you during your time with us. We have already acknowledged his stellar performance and I’m sure he appreciates your kind words. You did mention some opportunities for us regarding housekeeping and we have taken steps to correct this. Thank you so very much again for the contribution you’ve made to our hotels presence here on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it!

Warm Regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! My sister and I celebrated her 40th Birthday in San Diego (where I'm from) and we found this hotel to say at. It was amazing! The family suite was spacious. The room and grounds were clean. Breakfast was awesome!! The front desk attendants AND the manager Sandy Morgan were GREAT! Then gave my sister a small chocolate cake AND a card that was signed by them for her birthday. My ONLY complaint is the $14 a day parking, because it adds up quickly. But other than that... I can NOT WAIT to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: If you are staying with multiple people.. spring for the FAMILY SUITE. SO MUCH SPACE!!! 2 stories! F...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SHLEAON B, thank you so much for coming to TripAdvisor to share your delightful experience during your stay with. I personally am very happy to hear that I was able to make your time with your sister, during her birthday, a memorable one. Having opportunities to really show our genuine interest in our guests stays are at the root of our core values as a brand. Coming straight from our mission statement "...Our passion is to provide Service So Memorable our guests tell stories about it." It would seem we have been able to do just that and I am very grateful to hear about it. Thank you again and I hope we are able to take part in creating new cherished memories in the future.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We were amazed on how big the rooms were! It's indeed like a mini apartment, equipped with a kitchen and seating area! The noise level was next to none, the only time we ever heard noise was when the day got started, by then we were already about too!
The location was great and really not far from San Diego and surrounding area? The breakfast was a variety with hot and cold serve, it can get a bit busy, but we manged to find seats during our entire stay, most of the time when you are done selecting food a table may just open up, so don't get discouraged when you first walk in.
We are ready thinking of staying here, on our next long visit to the area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello I hope this message finds you well JustATravelGurl. I want to thank you for taking the time to review and share your positive experience here at our hotel. We are very delighted when we get a guest that has had such an enjoyable stay that meet their needs and expectations. Knowing that we have impressed a Senior Contributor like you on TripAdvisor goes to show that we are definitely an excellent choice for hotel accommodations when traveling to beautifully attractive La Jolla, California. The hotel and I look forward to your return trip and again thank you for your time.

Guest Care Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla? Share your experiences!