“DISGUSTING !!” 1 of 5 stars

Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in La Jolla
“DISGUSTING !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I travelled with a group of 8 including myself. This was our second hotel we stayed at, after spending 8 nights in Anaheim. When we entered our room I was sharing with 3 others is smelt of old and musky carpet and after putting on the air conditioner it smelt even worse. In our shower there was hair in the drain. When going to the front desk to ask about the area and where the best place to eat would be, Danny the guy at the front desk informed us of a few places. But when we asked about Sea world, Legoland and San Diego Zoo he had absolutely no idea. He didn't know opening hours, prices, how far away from the travel lodge it was. When we decided we all going to sleep we were absolutely DISGUSTED when we found stains on our sheets. White crispy stains (what we believed was semen), blood stains and pubic hairs on our sheets. When we went down to inform him and asked for new CLEAN sheets his reply was 'Oh ok then'. No apology or anything. As it was late at night and we have 2 children travelling with us we decided to stick it out for one night but as soon as the sun came up we left.

• Stayed November 2013
SleepyBearLaJolla, Owner at Travelodge La Jolla Beach, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I read this review and was for the first time in many years of running the Travelodge was truly surprised. Usually when talking with guests I have a good feel for how things are going and whether they are having a good time. In this case the review in no way reflects my interaction with the guests who by all appearances were having a good time.

I checked the 8 guests in to two rooms. They seemed like a like nice happy family and I must have spoken with them are parts of their group during the evening on no less than 6 occasions for at least 45 minutes total. I spent the time telling them where to eat, and where to go. I gave them maps and booked transportation for them to Seaworld and Legoland. I also know quite a bit about all of the local attractions in San Diego having grown up here and running the Travelodge for the last 20 years. I have helped thousands of guests with this type of information very successfully in the past.

One of the guests did ask for more sheets and it was my impression they needed them because they had 4 people in a room with t beds they just wanted more linen.

There is almost nothing we wouldn't do to help make a guest's stay more comfortable. However, in order to do that I think it is understood that if there is something wrong the guest would bring it to our attention while at the hotel when we can do something about it.

We want our guests to have a great time and a comfortable stay. With a few exceptions that is the case. We are not perfect but we are always working to be the best we can be. This can be seen by looking at the majority opinion in our TripAdvisor reviews.

In the last year and a half we have put new carpet, air conditioners and large flat screen Televisions in all of our rooms. We have replaced all of the bedding, drapes and most of the furniture and we have more planned for 2014.

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Redlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Wonderful place. Olga at the front desk is friendly and efficient. She makes us feel welcome every time we stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

SleepyBearLaJolla, Manager at Travelodge La Jolla Beach, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your compliments. The words of praise from our guests are the dearest reward for me. I have been working at La Jolla Beach Travelodge for about 6 years and I still enjoy every minute of my working day. I lived at the hotel for 2 years and I can promise from my own experience that I had a very comfortable home. It is amazing to be able to walk 2 minutes and touch the sand. The heated swimming pool and the Jacuzzi is the most rejuvenating end of the day activity. Vahik’s café next door is always good for a quick healthy meal. And it is QUIET, very QUIET! We are 1 mile away from the touristy La Jolla Village, so when the ocean is rocking you can smell the sea and hear the waves from your room window.
Sincerely, Olga

Been to Travelodge La Jolla Beach? Share your experiences!