“Excellent Customer Service! A perfect family place to stay!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Jolla Village Lodge

La Jolla Village Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Jolla
La Jolla Village Lodge
1141 Silverado Street, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in La Jolla
san antonio, texas
“Excellent Customer Service! A perfect family place to stay!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

We (my husband, my 8 year old daughter, amd myself) stayeds at La Jolla Village Lodge Friday-Sunday, 7/20-7/22/07 and had a wonderful experience. The staff at La Jolla are very helpful and friendly. The owners actually come out to the property and take the time to talk to you. They also have two sweet, loving pets at La Jolla Village Lodge. You cannot find more caring individuals as Maureen, Egon, and April. They are also proud sponsors of the Junior Olympics Acrobatics Gymnastics. I cannot say enough wonderful things about my stay at La Jolla Village Lodge. My only complaint is that my stay was too short. I hope to make another trip to La Jolla and stay several days more. Thank you La Jolla Village Lodge for a memorable experience.

• Liked — location and great customer service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

I had a one night stay for a wedding, so the only time I spent in my room was getting dressed and sleeping. All reviews are true, the staff is very welcoming, the location is great. My only complaint is I asked for that King Room that one of the previous reviews had recommended to get, I actually booked it over a month in advance, and when I checked in, they weren't able to give me that room. So I didn't get to see that room, and was sad about how small my room/bathroom were, but the fact that the beds are really comfortable makes it cozy. I was confused about how many ionizers they had in the room, we had 2...it didn't smell, so I didn't understand what they were for. The free continental breakfast is a great spread too, bagels, croissants, pastries, fruit, oj, pretty good for a free breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again if I ever had to go back to La Jolla.

Once again trip advisor reviews steered me to a great value and a great find. Thank you trip advisor!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — That I asked for a specific room a month in advance and was told it was mine, and they didn't give it to me
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pennington,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

This little motel is all about location and though it's only one star - it's more like a 2.5 star. They provide some pastries and coffee and OJ in the small office in the AM. We did sit up on the roof :o) one night while the sun was setting. You can see the ocean from up there, but it's a stretch :o) It was all about location here folks and a quiet place to sleep. The bed was comfortable and we stayed 2 nights (no backaches :o). I can't believe people pay $300 and $400 a night to stay in La Jolla. It is a nice place and we loved our relaxing visit but that's just too much. Only complain about our room was bathroom was small (only shower). Great for an older motel and nice people running it.

• Liked — Location, little breakfast treats & staff
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Thank you Tripadvisor users for recommending the La Jolla Village Lodge. My parents from Italy, my husband and I stayed at this motel and we absolutely loved it! We parked our car in their parking lot for free and never touched it again for 5 days! We walked to the cafes/restaurants/shops in the beautiful La Jolla Village, to the beach at La Jolla Cove and along the cliffs to La Jolla Shores. The lodge location is just the best; the rooms are clean; the bathrooms have nice towels, hair dryer, soap, shampoo, conditioner; the communal terrace is fantastic just to relax in the shade, sunbath on the comfortable chairs or have a fun BBQ; the service is friendly and helpful. I cannot wait to return to La Jolla Village Lodge! Chiara (San Francisco/Italy)

• Liked — Location, service, comfort
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Big Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2007

The hospitality, the customer service, the location, the cleanliness and the value were absolutely outstanding at this motel.

Be aware, from the exterior the La Jolla Village Lodge looks like any other motor lodge......but you just have to enter the office to realize what an amazing find this is. Every question was answered, suggestions for restaurants and tours were right-on, great directions for all over the city, yummy pastries & fruit along with coffee for breakfast, amazing sunsets from the rooftop patio,
CLEAN, although small, rooms with comfy beds and comfy pillows.

Again, the staff was FANTASTIC, rooms were CLEAN, location was 4 blocks from beaches, 1 block from girard street, many, many restaurants all within a few blocks. Ample, easy, free parking. BY FAR the BEST value in La Jolla!!!!

• Liked — Friendliness, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — size of room
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2007

Can't beat the price in La Jolla - this is a great value considering the location - one block to great shopping and restaurants. Never used our car while there, except for trips up or down the coast.

The rooms are tiny, tiny tiny! However, they are clean, the beds very comfy with down comforters and plenty of nice (not flat!) pillows. The staff are friendly, helpful. There is a patio on the 3rd floor that is open with plenty of chairs, tables and a grill. Great for coffee in the AM and watching the sun set on the ocean. Continental breakfast and free coffee every morning. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed January 2007
bay area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights in Jan 2007 and had a wonderful experience. The rates are very very low for La Jolla (under $100), ample free parking, and the location is 1 block from the main drag in La Jolla (Girard St.) and about 4 blocks from the Cove.

The hotel is not meant to be a 4-star experience, so reviews from folks expecting that shouldn't be given any consideration. This hotel is well kept, clean, and the staff is very friendly. If you are staying during a less-crowded season or reserving well ahead of time, ask for a room on the third floor. The view is unspectacular, but still offers some ocean and access to a fun outdoor patio for hanging out.

If you are looking for a clean, convenient, cheap place to lay your heads, this is it.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Jolla Village Lodge? Share your experiences!