“Best value in La Jolla” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Jolla Village Lodge

La Jolla Village Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Jolla
La Jolla Village Lodge
You added La Jolla Village Lodge to your Saves list
1141 Silverado Street, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Best value in La Jolla”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2004

Other TripAdvisor users directed me to this place, and it was a great experience. It may look a little older on the outside, but the room we had was clean and comfortable. The rooms were individually decorated, and had great touches like actual cotton sheets and bedspreads rather than the scratchy polyester found in most hotels. Also, I highly recommend room 131, a third floor corner king room with large windows and views of palm trees and (obstructed but nice) views of the ocean a few blocks away. For the price you can get rooms here for, this is great for anyone watching their budget but looking for a nice place to stay.

And be sure to take a dog treat for Yeller the dog who hangs out in the parking lot!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2004

My mother and I stayed at La Jolla Village Lodge for 1 week in October 2004. The place is convenient to everything and easy on the wallet. Included in the $100 per night price is a great continental breakfast served every morning that includes fruit, coffee/tea, juice, milk, bagels w/cream cheese and pasteries!

Plus, the hotel is pet friendly and even has a resident cat and dog.

La Jolla is so beautiful- and affordable if you stay with these folks.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2003

Very convenient to almost everything in La Jolla, this is an afforadable and pleasant hotel. I've stayed at it one weekend a year in the past 5 years when visiting family in the area.

It's a pleasant walk to the La Jolla Cove from the hotel. It's especially pleasant to come here in the off season.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2003

I have stayed here twice - summer of 2002 and 2003.

The owners are awesome. Very friendly and helpful. I had booked a hotel at a different location and a cheaper rate - online - and it was a big mistake.

I this place up and asked if they had anythign available. They did. I had no credit card, but my name was still in their reservation database. He reserved the room for me and told I could pay it when I got there. THAT WAS AWESOME.

They have a nice little complimentary breakfast and a free newspaper everyday. You can walk to La Jolla, no problem. There are places to eat everywhere, Starbuck's, ice cream... Perfect location. For those without a car, you are right on the 34 busline that brings you to DT San Diego and Pacific Beach, as well as north to UCSD and the connecting bus to North County.

This isn't a Ramada. The rooms are very basic, but ALWAYS clean. It is an older hotel, that has been nicely maintaned, and the rooftop deck is nice.

If you are looking for a place to serve as ground zero as you explore the city or hit the beaches, you will save a lot of money here.
Finally, this is an incredibly safe area, and you just can NOT put a price on feeling safe.

GREAT JOB TO THE OWNERS AND MANAGERS HERE. I WILL BE BACK!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2002

We arrived early in the morning, exhausted from our travels. We were greeted by a lovely lady named Karen, who showed us to our rooms, fed us breakfast and gave treats to our kids! The rooms are really nice and the costs were quite reasonable. The quiet location is only a couple of blocks from famous La Jolla Cove Beach, where the kids saw seals closeup for the first time.
We had lunch at a cool microbrewery, visited the modern art museum just down the street, and window-shopped to our heart's content before seeing a gorgeous beach sunset while we BBQ'ed on the third floor hotel sundeck. We met two young surfer girls who were staying at the lodge that first evening and invited them to dinner. They fell in love with our two kids and gave them beginner's surfing lessons the next day under the watchful gaze of the Lifeguard.
We stayed at this quiet, friendly motor lodge for three days and never even had to start our car because everything in La Jolla was in easy walking distance. The hotel staff saw to all of our needs and offered knowledgeable advice on what to see and where to eat, etc.
We are coming back to this place next year to see our new friends at the La Jolla Village Lodge.

Been to La Jolla Village Lodge? Share your experiences!