“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Torrey Pines

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Torrey Pines to your Saves list
The Lodge at Torrey Pines
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   11480 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in La Jolla
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I planned my husband's 50th birthday at The Lodge for September 2013. I was able to also book a foursome at the South Course on the second day of our stay. I worked with Charlene at The Grille who made sure that all of my needs and requests were met for his dinner. Every person we encountered at The Lodge was helpful, professional, personable and totally engaged with ensuring we had an excellent stay. My husband was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" upon check-in, the general manager had a bottle of champagne delivered with a lovely birthday card, and our server Crystal and the chefs at The Grille made a perfect birthday dinner for my husband. Our guests raved about the quality of the food choices and the service. We had the most amazing room overlooking the 18th green and I enjoyed my day relaxing at the pool while my husband and his buddies played golf. (Ruby at the pool was amazing--she always knew when it was time for another round or a bite to eat once my husband joined me.) When we attend The Farmers in January we will be looking longingly at The Lodge from the course because they are totally booked! Don't know where we will stay yet but it won't hold a candle to "The Lodge!"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

When I booked this hotel several months ago, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this 5 stars hotel at a legendary golf course. It was between this fabulous hotel or the Tennis Club, I am extremely happy to end up at this hotel. Don't let the pictures on their website fool you, this hotel is only 11 years old and their hallways and rooms are superb!! The service from valet to bell to reception to room service to their amenities are all 5 stars!!! We have a suite and faces the golf course; my son's first words entering the room was, "I like the room!" And yes this hotel is extremely hotel friendly from accommodation-wise to its restaurant. Room size is very generous, clean and the bathroom is very comfortable and good size. It may not be right next to the beach but it has made it up in every single way I could think of. Highly recommend for any families who enjoy great service and luxury.

• Stayed September 2013
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here with a baby girl for three nights this September. A nice and cozy place, great for golf players (Tiger Woods played and won here), but as good for nature lovers or simply people looking for a relaxing holiday. Breakfasts at the "casual" restaurant are ones of the best ever. Sometimes there is some smell of an old place, and it may be way too conservative for young couples, but otherwise a great choice for this area.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were a family with three teenagers who stayed for four nights while we explored San Diego. The hotel itself was lovely - yes the rooms are a bit dark, but that sort of goes with the "mission" feel of the place. The grounds are lovely, the service was great.
The hotel is slightly out of the way. We appreciated being surrounded by the beautiful golf course, and to be able to walk to the nature reserve, but there were not restaurants, coffee shops, etc. nearby. You had to jump in the car and drive 7-10 minutes to either Del Mar or La Jolla. The hotel restaurant was very nice, but pricey to use for breakfast for a family of five. We appreciated the complimentary coffee and tea in the morning which was ready early (by 6 AM usually) but I found it was put away a little early - I think one day it was cleaned up by 9 AM. Would be nice to have it until 10 or 10:30.
I did not mind the 15 or 20 minute drive to get into San Diego itself - easy access to Sea World, the zoo and many of the other touristy areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

sitting poolside for 3 days totally relaxed me, I was planning on visiting the nearby beaches but not this time. The pool has everything you to enjoy the lodge. The Grill served a great fried chicken dinner, just what I needed..

I was a bit put off when I caught a roach in our closet as we entered the room, I was about to make contact with the front desk but i moved on!! I think when the customer is paying 350 a night you should never have to share the room with a roach.

I have visited the lodge on previous occasions and every time it is professionally run property. The lodge provided us with a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate our special getaway.

Room Tip: I have never stayed in the rooms that face the golf course due to expense but I would suggest if you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful privately owned golf resort with beautiful grounds in California craftsman design. The rustic decor with 2 wood burning fireplaces blazing in August cannot be beat! The staff was very personable and had great attention to detail. Easy access to downtown, the zoo, Old town, La Jolla and much more. Our stay in the San Diego area was perfect! Five store resort at reasonable prices!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great. Maybe request over looking the beautiful pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a couple nights and could not have been happier. I recommend treating yourself and go with the ocean view room (not a bad deal after AAA discount). In the mornings you can have a cup of coffee on the patio overlooking the 18th hole of the South course & the Pacific and substitute cocktails in the evening while the watching the sunset. Both restaurants on-site are good and offer a wild variety of selections.
Overall, a very relaxing spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!