“Solid Marriott property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Diego Marriott La Jolla

You added San Diego Marriott La Jolla to your Saves list
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4240 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Solid Marriott property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Marriott La Jolla is a solid hotel choice when staying in La Jolla. I stayed at the property several times while on business. The location was the best aspect for me. It is convenient to many restaurants, the mall, hospitals, UCSD, and the many attractions in the area. The rooms are of modern decor, consistently clean, have good water pressure, and have nice balconies. The parking garage can be a bit of a nuisance as you have to verbally give the attendant your name and room # every time you leave- time consuming compared to using the room key for access. This and the congested afternoon/evening traffic in this area led me to predominately exploring the local area on foot. I wasn't impressed with the on site restaurant the one time I dined there, the food was just mediocre. The concierge lounge had standard Marriott breakfast offerings which is a more than adequate selection of cooked foods, yogurt, cereals, etc. There is also a nice evening reception in the concierge lounge. I would definitely stay here again, but prefer the Del Mar Marriott (few miles away) over this one.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This Marriott has a great location near the beaches, downtown La Jolla, and UCSD. The hotel is easily accessed by two freeways. The restaurant serves good mood, and the servers are pleasant.I have been to a number of banquets there, and the hotel always did a great job.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Older Marriott that had been remodeled. Room was small, little storage. Staff was helpful and friendly, but overall feeling was that cold, trying to be upscale but not quite making it thing. Location was pretty good, close to access highways and to lots of businesses and restaurants. Just paid less at a Hilton on the bay in San Diego, so compared to that, value was not there.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear 51MW,
Thank you for your review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and found our team to be helpful and friendly. I regret that we did not meet your expectations in terms of value, in comparison to local properties our pricing is extremely competitive. It is my hope that we will be able to welcome you again soon so we can show you the value in our property.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i just spent five days at this hotel and have to say it exceeded my expectations. The location is terrific, across from the Westfield UTC and close to a number of highways which take you every place you'd want to see in San Diego in under 15 - 20 minutes. The room was very well laid out with a lovely wrap around terrace where you could sit at night and watch the sun set. The fitness center was excellent with a wide variety of cardio as well as a number of weight machines. But the best part of the experience for me was the service. Everyone i came into contact with was friendly and seemed genuinely concerned with my comfort. The valets called me by name and the front desk staff were quick to ask how I was doing and if I needed anything every time I passed by. While this was true all over the hotel, it was especially true in the Concierge Lounge where Amelia, Arlin and Bilal couldn't do enough to make sure that I was comfortable and happy. I had breakfast in the lounge every morning and drinks a couple of evenings and they were always available and asking if I wanted anything that wasn't there - that they would be happy to go downstairs and get whatever I wanted. They always remembered my name and made me feel as much like family as you can feel in a hotel. I had never been to this particular Marriott property before but you can bet I'll be back in the future!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Across from the Westfield UTC, down the street from UCSD, 15 minutes to the airport, gaslamp quater, Balboa park, and 20 to Del Mar and Coronado Island. With easy access to I-5 this hotel was much better located than I had previously thought.
Secondly, I would like to commend our housekeeper Vanessa. Our room was spotless and organized every day. I never once had to request extra or replacement amenities because they were always refreshed. When I requested a new hair dryer on her note card, one was there immediately upon my return. By far the best housekeeping I have seen. Well done Vanessa.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Near the highway and in the city center of la Jolla - right across from a great kid friendly upscale mall. Ample parking - good pool and exercise facilities and great restaurants. Even a large sports bar.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I had brunch at this hotel recently and we experienced a very high level of service and hospitality. Especially by Bilal the supervisor. He was very courteous and took great care of us and especially of my three year old daughter and six month old daughter. He made sure we were comfortable and was extremely friendly to us and the kids.
Wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to San Diego Marriott La Jolla? Share your experiences!