“Amazing Valet Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Diego Marriott La Jolla

Save Saved
You added San Diego Marriott La Jolla to your Saves list
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4240 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Valet Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

To me the valet are the face of the hotel, they are the first and last person you see during your stay. The valet went above and beyond to assist me during my stay. My husband is a disabled veteran, and we were traveling with our 17 month old son which left most of the heavy letting to me. The valet continuously offered to help me with my bags, stroller even diaper bag. They had my car outside waiting for me every morning promptly at 8.

Myles Dalton Streinhardt, Kevin Brady, Matt and Zack truly made our stay easier and more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a lovely lunch at the Marriott yesterday! The grilled fish tacos were fabulous, fresh, and tasty, and the service was awesome! Our waitress, Elisha, was very friendly, professional and attentive and made sure that we felt welcome and had a wonderful meal. Go, and make sure you ask for Elisha's section!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I use this hotel for business trips to San Diego, very close to businesses and restaurants. Special kudos to Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge! They always come through when in a hurry with prompt service, and are always helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Harwich, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent 4 days in the Presidential suite. It was not very presidential. There was a tiny refrigerator, no glasses for the bar, no utensils and the ice maker on the floor did not work. When we requested glasses and ice, we were charged for them.

The room itself was nice and the attached patio was great. the people were all friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. The ladies in the concierge lounge - Amelia, Bilal and Amanda- were great. The hotel is good, just don't waste your money on the presidential suite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear gawcc,
Thank you for your honest and constructive comments following your recent stay with us. I apologize that the presidential suite did not meet your expectations. I will immediately look into the points you have raised to see if it is something we can correct. On a positive note, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property. Our team takes great pride in ensuring our guests have an exceptional stay so I can't wait to share your flattering compliments with Amanda, Bilal, and Amelia! We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Carson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here last year when there was construction work going on. I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with my family and we were impressed. The staff was amazing and the rooms were very nice. This is one of my favorite hotels, I highly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hopkins, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Were there late June with a family wedding rate, very good value. Hotel booked so for first night wife and I shared two queen beds with 2 sons in 20s, then moved to our own king room. Restaurant breakfast offers menu and buffet options, and there is a delightful Starbucks in the restaurant itself with burrito and cereal breakfast options as well. Can order food and coffee from either part. Staff friendly and accommodating. Beautiful out to her area for a bar or breakfast eating. Parking costs $20 per night, $25 for valet parking. Only complaint is that Wi-Fi is not free in the room, although available in the lobby, breakfast, and bar area. Would very definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2014
New Jerzy, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for work and it's an excellent hotel to stay. Construction work is complete and there no more noise. Upon check-in I had to wait 5 mins as the folks at the counter were helping guests with local sites/restaurants to go to. Please get another concierge booth for that. I want to check in and go to my room, not wait. Rooms were clean and Marriott Standard. As a Gold Member I had access to the lounge area. Food was good, but gets crowded mornings and evenings. Staff need to enforce policy where folks bring in their kids/uncle/aunt etc. There is a policy that allows ONE other person to enter with the eligible member who has access. Start limiting or charging folks that check in with more than one person in their party. Trying to work up there in the lounge area is impossible with noise. Staff at lounge area, gym, pool were all great. Parking is a costly, but park on the main street for free. Local restaurant walkable is minimal. It is a 10 min drive to La Jolla Beach area which is super nice and convenient.

Room Tip: High Floors