“The only place I will ever stay when in San Diego.” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added San Diego Marriott La Jolla to your Saves list
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4240 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shawnee, Kansas
“The only place I will ever stay when in San Diego.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've been traveling to San Diego on business for nearly two years. I've stayed in many hotels here, but since May of 2013 I've only stayed at this property and will only stay here. I stay here atleast every other month (rewards #661362616) and have to say that in addition to the high rankings on all other above measures regarding the hotel ... Doah and Megan provide the best food and drink service behind the bar. After every long day at the client site, I have open choice for where I eat and drink in the evening. Because of Doah and Megan who I met back May 2013 ... I choose to stay right here in the Amuse Lounge at the hotel. The service, friendliness and entertaining personalities are the best. This is a great hotel!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you're in La Jolla, San Diego you need to say at the Marriott! Service is amazing from the front desk to the shuttle service, they take care of you. The highlight for me after a long day working is the service provided by Doah and Megan at the beautiful indoor/outdoor bar! If you don't ask for them you're missing out.

• Stayed June 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went to San Diego for a job meeting and I stayed at the Marriott in La Jolla.
I was looking for the restrooms and a gentleman named Miguel (who is a very tall engineer!) showed me the way. I asked him for a nice restaurant to go to, and he recommended the Nine Ten in La Jolla. He was very cordial and helpful. His recommendation was great! Also, I loved the Hotel. They had a very good service from the engineer I spoke with to the banquet people.
I give them 5 stars!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This review is specifically to highlight Amelia, Bilal and Amanda. They provided excellent service and hospitality and made us feel very welcome on our daily visits to the Concierge Lounge. They greeted our 9 month old son by name on our return visits and did not seem to mind cleaning up all the messes he made after eating. They were very friendly and courteous. 5 stars for their service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have visited many Marriotts before and this one by far is the most friendly, compassionate, and hospitable one. Major major kudos to the Concierge Services staff Bilal, Amelia, Arlin, and Amanda for amazing service.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Lovely room, problem with getting my macbook on the internet - Miguel was sent to help us and he was terrific and solved the problem by calling their provider in India! Five stars for Miguel!
Pool was broken but they gave us free WIFI (usually $12.95/ day in room) Front desk staff also very nice! Nice showers, just bummed about the pool, as we like to swim.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jaclyn K, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Traveler1Ct,
Thank you for your review and your flattering comments about Miguel! I’m so glad to hear he went above and beyond to assist you in accessing the internet and that he made such a lasting impression. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we did have to close our pool for a short amount of time. We made arrangements at a local pool for our guests to still be able to enjoy this amenity but I sincerely apologize that this caused an inconvenience for you and your family. The sun is always shining here in San Diego so we’d love to welcome you back to enjoy our pool again soon!
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Amelia and Bilal do a great job in the executive lounge. They made the experience every morning for me and my kids just amazing. Staff like these two are what makes you want to come back time and time again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to San Diego Marriott La Jolla? Share your experiences!