“Ideal Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Diego Marriott La Jolla

Save Saved
You added San Diego Marriott La Jolla to your Saves list
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4240 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Ideal Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

La Jolla Marriott besides being at a very convenient location for my regular business travel provides perfect abode for me, being home away from home. But more than any other amenities I look forward to being in the 15th floor concierge lounge for breakfast. I can count on Bilal and Amelie to be there to take care of my smallest needs. Their attention to detail about my preferences from bringing in my choice of plain yogurt to croissants, make them the finest hospitality professionals I have encountered in my years of business travel.
Lisa in sales is also someone who is always going above and beyond her duties to make sure I keep coming back to this high standard hotel.
Ali (Chicago)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have to say that the parking and front desk personel are some of the best I've ever encountered. To start with Johnny, I believe the bell captain greeted me with a friendly smile and was very polite and helpful in taking the car and bringing my luggage into the hotel. Once inside I was greeted by friendly front desk help(Teresa, Wes and Mirian) they made me feel like family. They quickly checked me in and talked to me about the hotel upgrades from last year. In addition I had trouble with my Mariott App. working and they were all very helpful in making it work on my cell phone. Hats off to them as again they made me feel like one big family.

Thanks and I'm sure to return and spread positive news about this hotel.

Bill

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed there for a week on a business. There is hard to find something to complain about in this hotel. The service was great throughout everywhere, at the reception, breakfast and room service. Breakfast is good but rather expensive. The only thing I didn´t like was that you have to pay over $10 for internet access for every 24 hours which is way over the top.

Green Features: Giving out disposable coffee cups at breakfast is not environmentally friendly
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

On 11/1 my wife and I stayed at the marriott. We had an excellent experience from the beautiful lobby to our clean and quiet room with a great view. Theresa at the front deal was amazing. She completely understood our situation having a night without our son and took care of us. She made sure we had a room on the 9th floor away from any noise. She recommended things to do and places to eat. Everything was amazing. I recommend this hotel to anyone on business or looking to get away for the night. The surrounding area is full of places to eat and fun things to do.

Room Tip: Higher floors have cool views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Marriott is centrally located and is close to UCSD, downtown La Jolla, San Diego, etc. rooms are clean and spacious. Nice balconies with views of the city. Excellent breakfast with an omelet bar. Good service.

• Stayed November 2013
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel 50-60% of the time for business and visit this hotel at least once a month. This is one of the most customer-oriented hotels that I have ever stayed at. Everyone is very attentive and they are always extremely friendly and helpful. The concierge staff--Amanda, Amelia and Bilal--are exceptionally fantastic.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

While Traveling on business it's important to have a nice relaxing atmosphere with great customer service. I am a frequent traveler and choose Marriott La Jolla becuAue of the amenities, fast Internet service, good food, ample parking, and a friendly front desk. Mariam, who works at the front desk greets me by name and always offers great places to eat. It's like home away from home, I highly recommend staying at the marriott la jolla.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to San Diego Marriott La Jolla? Share your experiences!