“Road trip with my girls” 2 of 5 stars

Announcement
Snorkel & Scuba Tours!
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Auburn, California
“Road trip with my girls”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

When I booked the room I booked it for 3 people, when I reviewed the booking it was for 2 people. I call the hotel and arranged for a rollaway for the room. When we arrived and checked in they produced a billing that was almost twice the price of my conformation. I was told my total price was actually the price per night I pointed out that my conformation said total price. After a bit of back and forth the manager relucktenly agreed to honor my conformation. After settling into the room going out for something to eat and getting back to the room I had to go down and point out again we requested a rollaway. Due to their less then friendly welcome and the over all lack of welcoming feel to the hotel I would say you should look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Windy G, Front Office Manager at La Jolla Cove Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Laurieljs,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites and thank you for taking the time to post your comments and rate our hotel. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I want to personally apologize to you for your recent experience. While it is always our goal that our guests have an exceptional experience, based on your comments it appears we fell short. I want to assure you that I will be addressing your concerns with each department manager to ensure that we as a team improve on the areas that you have brought to our attention.

Once again thank you for your feed back.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I searched for a pet friendly hotel and this one came up but when I got to the hotel they saod it wasnt.. I endes up just stayong one night and changing plans the next day.. the rooms seemes small and old fashioned.. and the breakfast didnt have much variety..

Stayed July 2014
Dear David B,

I would like to apologize for the pet policy that is something that the hotel has just recently changed. We do have a variety of different room types we offer and some are smaller than others. We hope you can visit us again and try one of our other room types that might suit you better.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I just finished staying 4 nights at this hotel. It was terrible. I will start off with the room. The day/night covering was too small and did not fit the window. We stayed in a suite with a pull out couch bed. This old nasty mattress was so bad the springs stuck out at the bottom. The bathroom is super tiny and out dated with leaking fixtures and hot/cold issues when showering. This hotel does not have any ac. We were never told this during several conversations over the phone about booking. The only reason we stayed here and didn't leave is because we had already lost $500 for the first night and the Del Mar Race was in town and La Jolla was booked up. The view was nice however the noise level from the park across the street was 24 hours. The hotel hosted a wedding one night we were there and the PARTY was on the roof and non stop noise all night. The elevator is old and works only now and then. I would never stay at this hotel again and definitely would not recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Windy G, Front Office Manager at La Jolla Cove Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear azlegadventure,

The breeze off the ocean is what we like to call our “natural” air conditioning, but you can also have an a/c unit placed in your room upon request. We do apologize that you found your stay less than desirable.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Jolla Cove Suites for 5 nights and were not impressed at all by the noise in the hotel, the quality of the rooms and by the terrible smell left by the seals. We would have to cover our noses every time we left the hotel until we were far enough away to not feel we were going to gag. The area is absolutely stunning but this hotel was way overpriced for the experience. For anyone wanting to enjoy La Jolla I would recommend La Jolla Shores Hotel instead. Next time, that is where we will stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dahlia,

Our location is considered the best when visiting La Jolla, as we are only 220 feet from the ocean and the wild life which sometimes results in a natural smell occurring which is what you experienced during your stay. We are sorry to hear that this caused such a bad experience for you and your sister.

Bruxelles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The La Jolla Cove Suites is neither a very nice house nor is it particularly cheap, but you can have (if you are wiilling to pay for a view with ocean view) one of the most spectacular views on the Pacific in Southern California. The rooms there are spacious but not particularly nicely furnished and in the corrdiors, stairwells and lifts the hotel looks quite run down. The staff is ok (it is more many of the other guests who are rude) and the complementary breakfast on the top floor brings you again a nice view into the cove.

Room Tip: Spend the money and ask for a room with ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LaJollaCoveSuites, Manager at La Jolla Cove Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear JoachimBruxelles,

Thank you for choosing La Jolla Cove Suites for your recent stay! We are glad you enjoyed our great ocean views! We are working on ongoing improvements to our rooms and property and hope you will be back to see the changes soon!

Tracy White
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This location is hard to beat. We watched whales from our room one time we visited. Do not make the mistake of picking a two bedroom suite. The rooms are very small and awkward, and in serious need for fixing up. The one-bedroom suites are better -- and much fresher, too. We did not try the breakfast here, but walked over to Nine-Ten just a block away, where the food is great.

Room Tip: Some rooms could really use fixing up. Ask for a "new" room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Windy G, Front Office Manager at La Jolla Cove Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear _M_A_A_97,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the property. I' am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our Two Bedroom Suites we do have a variety of other Two Bedroom Suites to choose from if you are in the area again.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The location is terrific, staff are wonderful, complimentary breakfasts are plentiful. I particularly liked the roof top restaurant with stunning ocean views.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom / 2 bath suite. Very spacious. The kitchen and bathrooms are in need of a refurb, but the rooms and furniture is all very good.

The pool deck is very nice and well kept.

The hotel represents good value for money.

Dear Downunderjason,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites and for taking the time to post your comments and rate our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to La Jolla Cove Suites? Share your experiences!