“DO NOT STAY HERE!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Dublin, Ireland
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Lousy, disgusting! I usually check reviews and was in a rush from the airport to book something in La a Jolla! What a mistake! There were wires hanging from the ceiling, A/C didn't work, mould in the shower, blinds were broken, so wouldn't close and people peeped in, could feel the springs in the bed. Booked two nights stayed one, they would not refund the second night! Nothing about this hotel is worth it!

Room Tip: Lousy, disgusting! I usually check reviews and was in a rush from the airport to book something in L...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Dirty, dirty and disgusting.... and thats just the beginning!!

I was charged $250 per night to stay at this hotel during the July 4th weekend! what a Rip! Everywhere else was already booked! you can stay in a 4- Star Las Vegas hotel for less then that! Was charged $780 for 3 day stay, and additional $400 on my CC for damages & incidentals because my friend cut his leg and got some blood on the already stained sheets.. $400 for new sheets!! WOW

This hotel room was almost as bad as staying in a homeless shelter, not much difference at all. The room was decrepit, falling apart, sheets were stained, dirty and dust, dirt everywhere! The mattress has a huge dip in it so that you slept terrible, felt the springs in your back.. The bathroom!! where do i start! the toilet paper roller was hanging off the wall. The Toilet wasn't even bolted down to the floor. So when you flush water would leak out the sides by your feet into the shower. If you leaned forward the seat would fall over. The shower was nasty!, cracks in wall, bad patch jobs, broken tiles everywhere!

I would rather sleep on a bus bench cross street or in my car than letting those filthy sheet touch any part of my body! ......
I went to Travelodge and the manager there informed me that 3 days before, someone else came in and said the same thing about the treatment he received from Biltmore motel! .... almost identical to mine!.....

... Probably nothing has been cleaned for ages and if they treat the customers like how they treated me, I would imagine how they would treat their employees! So good luck with finding some decent cleaning lady to take care of your dumpy, dirty, smelly and dumpy place!.....

Read other reviews – especially the Yelp reviews... There were multiple shootings at this motel also. What a crappy place. What a mistake to stay here. I notice that most of their guest are foreigners wanting to stay on the beach of SD, They probably don't use Yelp or this site to look up hotels.

I will be in touch and I assure you I will report this to Health department and also BBB!.....

Room Tip: Don't waste your time! Horrible place to stay
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Where to begin... My girlfriend and I stayed 2 nights at the Biltmore and felt extremely uncomfortable the whole time. The room was filthy and smelled like mold. Stains on the sheets, loose tiles, broken and mixed-matched blinds... The rusty fridge and detached toilet paper roll holder from the wall really added to the level off class this place has. The manger was friendly enough, even though he smelled like pot and even tried to bribe me to write a decent review. He offered us a free night at this run down establishment if we gave it a 5 star rating on yelp.
Beware of this place and look at all reviews before staying here! There were 2 shootings at this place that I was unaware of prior to checking in.
Don't let the name fool you. This place needs major work, and additional security measures need to be taken. Very disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We booked this place through an online booking site. We got here late. We checked in. The manager asked for a $50 in cash.. We got to our room. It's was dirty. The sheets had yellow stains and hair all over them. The TV didn't work. It didn't even have a remote. The carpet was lifting up all over the place. Even the curtains were full of stains. The chair inside the room smelled like urine. The room was beyond scary. We went back to the "manager" Tom, told him we could not stay there and asked for our money back. He refused. Offered another room. We went to look at it- mind you, we videoed this whole encounter. This next room the bed wasn't even made, there were wet towels on the floor and trash all over, obvious it had not been cleaned prior to the last guest. We were offered another room. Sheets yellow and stained. Cords all over the floor. It was dirty also. We saw 3 rooms all dirty. We asked for our money back. He said no. We asked to compromise that we would at least pay for the one night but the other 2 nights to refund us. He said no. So we are out $272 when this wasn't a suitable place for anyone to stay. It should be condemned and closed down. This place is a scam and a fraud. Beware. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Not in the worst of circumstances should you stay in this hole. Filthy, no towels, toilet running all night, not sufficient coverings on the wall, stains on walls-disgusting-manager and room reeked of
smoke-refused refunds after all of this was reported.

Room Tip: there is no good room in this place
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Jolla Biltmore Motel? Share your experiences!